In some odd way, it seems appropriate that the blog software just went live, and I'm writing this welcome message from Austin, Texas, while I try to recover from a 24-hour movie marathon called Butt-Numb-A-Thon. This is the tenth year of the event, and I've been to all ten. The people I see when I'm here... they're family to me.
Chances are you already know about the BNAT if you've spent any of the last 12 years reading my work on Ain't It Cool News, my online home for over a decade. If you don't, then that's just one of the many things I hope to share with you here on Motion/Captured, my new blog that is just part of what I plan to do here at HitFix.
The first and most obvious question regarding my move from one outlet to the other is "Why?" There's only one way to answer that question for you as a readership, and that's by getting down to the business of daily content and defining HitFix by actions, not by promises.
I've always said that you can't just show up online and do the same thing everyone else does and assume that's enough. You have to have your own voice, and you have to provide an audience with something that is uniquely yours. And whether we accomplish that here at HitFix or not is something that only you can decide.
I'll tell you this much... there's a great group of people working with me here at the new site, and there's a ton of ambition backing this venture. I think we've got a chance to plant our flag and claim our corner of the internet, and I think over time, we'll earn the right to be one of the daily bookmarks you check.
I sincerely hope you agree.
News From Our Partners
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- 'Doctor Who' Season 8 Confirmed, Steven Moffat to Return The Wrap Up: Behind-the-Scenes Image from 'Godzilla' Shows a Train in Peril Batman: Arkham Origins Will See the Return of Kevin Conroy
- Box Office: 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Misses $100M Domestic Mark on Opening Weekend Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO)
- A Final 'Office' Farewell Stefon Marries Anderson Cooper In Final Show Creed Bratton: Closing Creed Thoughts
- FTW vs. WTF: The TV Week in Review (May 19) Doctor Who "The Name of the Doctor" Review: The Impossible Girl Made Possible What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy
- Carly Rae Jepsen's 'Call Me Maybe' Captures Top Digital Song Honor at 2013 Billboard Music Awards Macklemore + Ryan Lewis Win Best Rap Song for 'Thrift Shop' at 2013 Billboard Music Awards 2013 Billboard Music Awards Gets a Tour From Taylor Swift's '22′ Performance [Video]
- Box Office Guru Wrapup: Star Trek Softer Than Expected at #1 Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh
- 'Anchorman 2' Trailer Had Us At 'Hello': Watch Now! Fiery 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Scene Hurt The Most: Ouch! How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office?
The director's next film promises to be packed with talentSunday, May 19, 2013
This is one you'll want to watch as soon as you've seen the movieFriday, May 17, 2013
Plus we look back at a more spirited encounter with the comic actorThursday, May 16, 2013
The Channing Tatum/Mila Kunis science-fiction action movie is shooting nowThursday, May 16, 2013