LOS ANGELES, May 16, 2012
HitFix today announced the launch of its first iPad
app, HitFix TV. This new application is the best way for television enthusiasts to get news, reviews, recaps, real-time commentary and alerts for their favorite shows, while offering fans the opportunity to personalize their experience around TV content tailored to their interests.
In addition users can opt to receive push alerts notifying them of new HitFix content about their favorite shows, along with reminders of upcoming broadcasts. The home screen features a TV-only version of HitFix’s popular Event Calendar, along with options to add Music or Movie news to the user experience. Finally, HitFix TV for iPad enables users to participate in HitFix Awards Pools directly from the app.
"We wanted to ensure that our users are the first to get the latest news and recaps for their favorite shows,” remarked HitFix Editor in Chief Gregory Ellwood. “Whether you’re a fan of 'American Idol,' 'Game of Thrones,' 'Breaking Bad' or 'Modern Family,' HitFix TV is the customizable app every TV fan must have on their iPad.”
HitFix TV notable features include:
- - Television Event Calendar featuring must watch events for every day of the week
- - 7 categories of push alerts, personalized for readers’ favorite TV shows
- - Addictive commenting feature surrounds content to spur conversation around TV topics
- - Oscar, Grammy, Emmy and Golden Globes awards pools
- - The latest TV news, recaps and analysis streamlined for easy, touch-screen navigation
- - Ability to set e-mail reminders for events within the calendar
- - Easy content sharing via social media
The HitFix TV app for iPad is the latest development in HitFix’s multi-platform offerings for its media-savvy audience and can be downloaded for free from iTunes here