Win a limited edition LCD Soundsystem 'This Is Happening' poster and CD
To Tweet is to take home a little piece of James Murphy
**** This contest is officially closed. Congrats to @jonwiththewind, who has won our poster! ****
This week, LCD Soundsystem celebrates its sonically diverse -- and what may be its last -- album "This Is Happening." For fans of the man and the band, there's some decorative pleasure to be had in this achievement, at least for one lucky HitFix / Immaculate Noise reader.
In the next 48 hours, I will be giving away a limited edition poster for "This Is Happening" -- pictured below -- which comes with a copy of the CD.
To Tweet is to enter:
+ Then send a Tweet including "@HitFix @katieaprincess #LCDposter" somewhere in your text.
That's it. Seems pretty black and white -- which is precisely the color palette for this minimalist, block-rocking print. (The little cassette tape reads, "THIS IS HAPPENING.") The winner will be chosen at random, I swear.
"This Is Happening" was released today (May 18) and includes nine tracks of mastermind James Murphy's meandering emotive states, through the humor of single "Drunk Girls" to the breathless promise of "I Can Change." Click here to check it all out and click here to just buy the darn thing.
News From Our Partners
- 'Anchorman 2' Trailer Had Us At 'Hello': Watch Now! Fiery 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Scene Hurt The Most: Ouch! How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office?
- Box Office Guru Wrapup: Star Trek Softer Than Expected at #1 Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh
- Box Office: 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Misses $100M Domestic Mark on Opening Weekend Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO)
- Carly Rae Jepsen's 'Call Me Maybe' Captures Top Digital Song Honor at 2013 Billboard Music Awards Macklemore + Ryan Lewis Win Best Rap Song for 'Thrift Shop' at 2013 Billboard Music Awards 2013 Billboard Music Awards Gets a Tour From Taylor Swift's '22′ Performance [Video]
- FTW vs. WTF: The TV Week in Review (May 19) Doctor Who "The Name of the Doctor" Review: The Impossible Girl Made Possible What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Four: The Coen brothers return to the festival with a folk-rock flashback Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Three: Cheers for the young stars of The Selfish Giant, jeers for the new films by Hirokazu Kore-eda and Arnaud Desplechin Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures
- 'Doctor Who' Season 8 Confirmed, Steven Moffat to Return The Wrap Up: Behind-the-Scenes Image from 'Godzilla' Shows a Train in Peril Batman: Arkham Origins Will See the Return of Kevin Conroy
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
R&B singer ain't nothin' to relate toFriday, May 17, 2013
In case you were wondering, he's talking about 'straight sex'Thursday, May 16, 2013
Singer reveals abusive relationship and 'bittersweet' feelings toward BeyonceWednesday, May 15, 2013
Watch the video to her cover of Eddie Vedder's 'Without You'Tuesday, May 14, 2013