Watch: The Strokes' 'Under the Cover of Darkness' music video
My, my, aren't we posh
Two days straight of Strokes coverage. I'm sorry. And you're welcome.
The New York-based rock act has posted the music video to their first "Angles" single, "Under the Cover of Darkness" and they took a tip from great new wave acts of the '80s: it doesn't matter what the hell you do in your video, it's all about location, location, location.
The band got all dressed up and did some rehearsin' in a nice little mansion. They lit some candles to get you all comfy-like, and then invited you to a private recital, wherein it seems music stands and black tie is required.
Julian Casablancas doesn't show a desire to dress up as much as his cohorts in the first half, not even with one of those cartoony tuxedo t-shirts. He is rocking his shades, though, and is looking healthier than Rhett Miller at a spa weekend. Albert Hammond Jr. also get his hazy '80s throwback moment, with a soft lens on his solo, smoke machine puffing.
[More after the jump...]
I'm liking this track increasingly, as the lyrics kind of fade in my elderly mind. The video is lush and rock 'n' roll to match.
"Angles" is out on March 22: yesterday, the band unveiled another track, "You're So Right," which sounds nothing like the below.
What do you think of the clip?
News From Our Partners
- What to Watch Tonight: SYTYCD, Awkward., and the Finales of Grimm, The Game, and DWTS The Big C Series Finale Review: And They Lived Happily Ever After Warehouse 13 "The Sky's the Limit" Review: Up Up and Away
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Six: Michael Douglas plays Liberace in Steven Soderbergh’s swan song, Behind The Candelabra Comics Panel: New releases include an alternative detective story and a new collection examining the collective urban subconscious Permanent Records: The Breeders’ Last Splash is a rallying cry for the weirdos and stereotype-flouters
- Microsoft Announces Foza Motorsport 5 as an Xbox One Launch Title '24: Live Another Day': Will Mary Lynn Rajskub's Chloe Return? Xbox One's Xbox Live Services Will Get a Boost
- The Telefile - TV on DVD: Tuesday, May 21, 2013 The Telefile - Veep: The Episode's Best Insults The Telefile - Saturday Night Live: Straight Outta 8H
- Daft Punk, 'Random Access Memories' – Album Review Adam Levine Inviting Shakira Over for Sweaty Bikram Yoga Sessions, Sparks Rumors Chris Brown, Demi Lovato + More React to Oklahoma Tornado Tragedy
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness': How J.J. Abrams Kept the Identity of Benedict Cumberbatch's Villain a Secret Zach Galifianakis's 'Hangover III' Date: A Formerly Homeless Pal 'The Wolverine' New Trailer: More Ninjas, More Action and Jean Grey?
- Meet The New 'X Factor' Judges 5 Women We're Excited to See On TV This Fall How 'Vikings' Leading Man Travis Fimmel Nearly Got Away...
- Seth MacFarlane's Next Film: 'Every Line Is Hilarious,' Amanda Seyfried Swears 'The Wolverine' Trailer: Five Questions It Answered 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Takes Box-Office Crown With $84 Million
Jared Leto takes a turn at shaman-Jesus, againTuesday, May 21, 2013
Brooklyn five-piece have done it again, with a melancholy (and lively) set of winnersMonday, May 20, 2013
R&B singer ain't nothin' to relate toFriday, May 17, 2013
In case you were wondering, he's talking about 'straight sex'Thursday, May 16, 2013