Watch: Paul Rudd, 'Saturday Night Live,' 'Daily Show' cast members cameo in New Pornographers' 'Moves'
Paul Rudd, John Oliver, Bill Hader, John Hodgeman and more snort coke off of a pizza
The Beastie Boys recently had some famous friends star as the band itself in "Fight for Your Right Revisited"; now the New Pornographers have followed suit, in a vision of a biopic.
The opening of the clip features those first two actors, in what clearly is definitely not a real film, but God knows it could be: "Expectant Dads" will send two zany dudes to Vegas -- as they're expecting their first babies. And, seriously, they made a website for the thing. Look.
Oh, but that's not even the bulk of this monster. "Moves: The Rise and Rise of The New Pornographers" is the main attraction, a preview of an imaginary movie about the indie rock band. Who plays who? You'll have to wait, but just know that a protest against Canadians, red-headed jokes, snorting coke off of a pizza and Brooklyn's cement shithole Death By Audio are all included in this little adventure through the band's fake past.
More info on the credits can be found on the Matador Records blog here.
"Moves" is cute and was culled from the rockers' latest album "Together," out now.
News From Our Partners
- Doctor Who "The Name of the Doctor" Review: The Impossible Girl Made Possible What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy The Office Series Finale Review: That'll Do, Show. That'll Do.
- The Wrap Up: Remember 'The Office' With the Ultimate Blooper Reel The Sims 3: Island Paradise's Producer Walkthrough Shows Us the Finer Points of Tropical Life 'Man of Steel' Featurette: Reinventing Superman
- 'Anchorman 2' Trailer Had Us At 'Hello': Watch Now! Fiery 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Scene Hurt The Most: Ouch! How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office?
- Kelly Rowland Close to Signing 'X Factor' Deal Kendall Schmidt of Big Time Rush Loses $7,000 Worth of Gifts for Fans [Video] Kanye West to Drop New Album 'Yeezus' on June 18
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Three: Cheers for the young stars of The Selfish Giant, jeers for the new films by Hirokazu Kore-eda and Arnaud Desplechin Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures
- Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO) Why 'Man of Steel' Didn't Use 'Superman' in the Title
- The 'Doctors' Unite 'We Are Men' In 4 Words MTV Legend Recalls Heavy Metal Frontman's Anti-Gay T-Shirt Controversy
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
R&B singer ain't nothin' to relate toFriday, May 17, 2013
In case you were wondering, he's talking about 'straight sex'Thursday, May 16, 2013
Singer reveals abusive relationship and 'bittersweet' feelings toward BeyonceWednesday, May 15, 2013
Watch the video to her cover of Eddie Vedder's 'Without You'Tuesday, May 14, 2013