Nicki Minaj gets steamed in 'Right Through Me' video, adds Eminem to 'Pink Friday'
Second clip to debut in a week from the hot MC
I love me some Nicki Minaj, but the wait for her debut "Pink Friday" to finally drop is starting to get too much to bear. Particularly after getting declared the No. 6 "Hottest MC" without a full-length set to her name, it's time to flip the cards and show us what she's got.
Thankfully, the Young Money star is doing so in rapid fashion, debuting two new music videos this week. The newest, "Right Thru Me," features a more downbeat, less-bonkers version of Minaj -- Queens Barbie, really -- in a bikini, no less.
Minaj sings through steam -- and as she's steamed -- at and about her lover, who infuriates her yet calls her on her "sh*t" (or her "ish" if you're hearing the clean version). I feel the conflict, even though the intro to the clip is kind of a bummer: she verbally lays into her lover, smashes a glass, he threatens to leave, she 180s, whimpering. He won't be winning an Oscar any time soon, but he looks good in the water.
- Check out everything there is including photos, reviews, videos.
The repeating refrain "how do you do that sh*t" gets a bit like nails on the chalkboard, calmed by the addictive, sweeping lyrics of the title. It's legions better than the will.i.am vehicle "Check It Out," and it brings Minaj's personality back down to earth, if even temporarily.
[More after the jump...]
The clips arrival marks about the same time, too, that Minaj is able to confirm a bit of big news: Eminem will be guesting on "Pink Friday," on a track called "Roman's Revenge."
Minaj told MTV that, after Slim Shady rejected one prospective beat, he asked for another one that was a little more "me." The two re-wrote and have it ready to rock for the Nov. 22 release.
As previously reported, Em will also be on Rihanna's November set "Loud," on the sequel to their previous smash together: "Love the Way You Lie (Part II)."
Do you like the clip? Or the song?
News From Our Partners
- 'Man Of Steel': Is Zod Superman's Khan? New 'Man of Steel' Trailer: Watch Now! 'The Hangover': Retracing The Success Of A Few Crazy Nights
- What to Watch Tonight: The Season Finales of SVU, The Middle, Modern Family, Chicago Fire, Nashville, and Criminal Minds The Critics Choice Awards Nominations Choose Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad The Weirdest, Grossest, Bestest Moments from Netflix's Hemlock Grove, in Pictures and GIFs
- Hear This: You don’t have to know the words to have fun with this Stone Temple Pilots single Watch This: Ronin is a triumph of crime-flick economy Cannes Film Festival: Cannes, Day Seven: J.C. Chandor makes good, Nicolas Winding Refn goes bad, and Claire Denis gets ugly
- Charlotte Robinson: Somer Bingham Talks LGBT Issues and Life After The Real L Word (AUDIO) PHOTOS: Has Ellen Had Enough Of LA? Jennifer Aniston On 'Friends' Reunion: 'We All Miss Working Together'
- Total Recall: Bradley Cooper's Best Movies Parental Guidance: Epic and Beautiful Creatures Comic Book Movies You Can Watch Online
- Justin Bieber's 'Baby' Is Highest-Certified Single in History, But His Monkey Is No Longer His Son Ho Young's Girlfriend Found Dead Listen to The-Dream Collaborate With Beyonce on 'Turnt'
- The Telefile - Critics' Choice Television Awards 2013: Nominees Announced The Telefile - TV on DVD: Tuesday, May 21, 2013 The Telefile - Veep: The Episode's Best Insults
- 'Metallica Through the Never' Trailer: Angry Mobs and "Master of Puppets" 'Timecop' Being Remade, As All Movies Eventually Must 'We're The Millers' Red Band NSFW Trailer: Jennifer Aniston and Jason Sudeikis Smuggle Drugs
From the Billboard Music Awards: 'Miguel would make a cool country duet'Tuesday, May 21, 2013
Jared Leto takes a turn at shaman-Jesus, againTuesday, May 21, 2013
Brooklyn five-piece have done it again, with a melancholy (and lively) set of winnersMonday, May 20, 2013
R&B singer ain't nothin' to relate toFriday, May 17, 2013