Song Of The Day: Lykke Li is your prostitute in 'Get Some'
Free download bundled with 'Paris Blue'
Singin' Swede Lykke Li is well on her way to releasing her sophomore set, and has a single to show for it. "Get Some" with B-side "Paris Blue" are available now on her website for free, at the cost of
your left arm your email and some vitals.
The as-yet-untitled album is due sometime "early next year" and, judging from these very different tracks, fans can at least expect diversity.
"Get Some" is a little naughty in its lyrics -- which Lykke Li posted proudly to her site -- declaring that she considers herself your prostitute and one ought not pull one's pants before she "goes down." But it's at least all in good fun, as the shimmy of shakers and a buzzing bass make for a primal dance track. Her sultry voice in the lower registry hums while those high notes would work easily for a girl group in the '50s.
"Paris" (pronounced "pah-dey") is considerably slower than 90% of what made the cut on her 2008 debut "Youth Novels." The invisible hand of Peter Yttling's (of Peter Bjorn & John) production shows up more keenly, in the exaggerated reverb and live sound of electric and drums.
Lykke Li has only one, sold-out show scheduled for the U.S., but be on the look-out for dates in the new year.
News From Our Partners
- What to Watch Tonight: The Season Finales of SVU, The Middle, Modern Family, Chicago Fire, Nashville, and Criminal Minds What to Watch Tonight: SYTYCD, Awkward., and the Finales of Grimm, The Game, and DWTS 7 Lessons We Learned from the 2012-2013 TV Season
- The Telefile - TV on DVD: Tuesday, May 21, 2013 The Telefile - Veep: The Episode's Best Insults The Telefile - Saturday Night Live: Straight Outta 8H
- In Pictures: The Cars of Fast & Furious Digital Multiplex: Warm Bodies and Aftershock Discover the Best-Reviewed Films in Summer Movie Scorecard 2013
- Who Won 'DWTS'? Backstage Drama Leads To 'Nashville' Changes Who Went Home On 'The Voice'?
- 'Grimm' Season Finale Review: "Goodnight, Sweet Grimm" 'The Killing' Season 3′s Latest Trailer: The Beginning of a New Spree! 'Man of Steel' Trailer: Zod Will Make Us Suffer
- Is 'Jurassic Park 4' a Reboot? Yes, According to Sam Neill 'Return of the Jedi': 25 Things You Didn't Know About the Original 'Star Wars' Trilogy Finale Melissa McCarthy Fires a 'Tammy' Extra for Mistreating Her Child
- Seth MacFarlane's Next Film: 'Every Line Is Hilarious,' Amanda Seyfried Swears 'The Wolverine' Trailer: Five Questions It Answered 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Takes Box-Office Crown With $84 Million
- HomeVideo Review: My Neighbor Totoro / Howl’s Moving Castle TV Club 10: What made The Middle one of the best family comedies in years For Our Consideration: Will indie-rock reunions become just part of the plan?
From the Billboard Music Awards: 'Miguel would make a cool country duet'Tuesday, May 21, 2013
Jared Leto takes a turn at shaman-Jesus, againTuesday, May 21, 2013
Brooklyn five-piece have done it again, with a melancholy (and lively) set of winnersMonday, May 20, 2013
R&B singer ain't nothin' to relate toFriday, May 17, 2013