Song Of The Day: Lady Gaga tourmates Alphabeat get hot in 'Heat Wave'
Still unsure about Tambourine Guy
Danish dance outfit Alphabeat opened for Lady Gaga during her Monster Ball tour earlier this year, and its obvious they took some pointers with them.
These fabulous Danes are sharp dressers on top of savvy hitmakers, as is evident in the video for "Heat Wave," their new single. While the clip itself is nothing to write home about, it's that nasty hook and series of swings in Stine B's voice that keep the thing on "repeat." It's an unabashed, fluorescent-lit, big gay Euro-dance-pop ear worm, in worthy competition with my favorite dance-pop singer from this summer, Robyn.
Back to the clip, it is worth noting that Tambourine Man Anders needs to back up and give his girl some room to shine on stage. His adorable haircut and kitten hips aren't enough to steal the show -- a criticism I had of the band back when I saw them at SXSW in March. Still, good energy and: I don't blame you, buddy.
As HitFix Gregory woefully pointed out, the song is not yet available for purchase in the U.S., though request for comment has been put in to the band's management. Meanwhile, you can check out their remix of Gaga's "Telephone," available initially with the international version of "The Remix."
News From Our Partners
- Ultra Music Festival Dates Announced, Tickets Go on Sale May 21 Girls' Generation's Jessica Poses With Purses in Vogue Girl [Pics] Austin Mahone vs. Jonas Brothers – Pop Clash
- What to Watch Tonight: The Season Finales of Rectify and Hawaii Five-0 and the Series Premieres of The Goodwin Games and Motive Mad Men "The Crash" Review: Uppers Give You Wings! News Briefs: CBS Is Pulling Mike & Molly's Season Finale Due to a Tornado Storyline
- Hear This: With “Deceptacon,” Le Tigre captured the sound of youth in a song Watch This: Walter Hill’s The Driver is all about work done well Scenic Routes: A quiet scene from The Matrix demonstrates how to make exposition compelling
- 'Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters': Jeremy Renner Never Read the Script Before Signing On 'Angry Birds' Movie Flies Forward Jennifer Lawrence as Mystique: First Look at the Actress in 'X-Men: Days of Future Past'
- Ranking the Blockbusters with Summer Movie Scorecard 2013 RT on DVD & Blu-Ray: The Last Stand and Side Effects Box Office Guru Wrapup: Star Trek Softer Than Expected at #1
- The Telefile - Veep: The Episode's Best Insults The Telefile - Saturday Night Live: Straight Outta 8H The Telefile - Game of Thrones: Our Weekly Westeros Scorecard
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Takes Box-Office Crown With $84 Million 'Arrested Development' Gang: Where Are They Now? 'Star Trek Into Darkness': What's Next For J.J. Abrams And The Cast?
- FX's 'The Strain' Taps 'Alias' Mia Maestro as Female Lead FX's 'Tyrant': Ang Lee Drops out of Directing the Pilot, Cites 'Life of Pi' Exhaustion NBC's 'Siberia': New Reality-Skewing Drama Ordered for Summer
Brooklyn five-piece have done it again, with a melancholy (and lively) set of winnersMonday, May 20, 2013
R&B singer ain't nothin' to relate toFriday, May 17, 2013
In case you were wondering, he's talking about 'straight sex'Thursday, May 16, 2013
Singer reveals abusive relationship and 'bittersweet' feelings toward BeyonceWednesday, May 15, 2013