Song Of The Day: F*cked Up's 'The Other Shoe' drops
Dying on the inside, smiling on the outside
At All Tomorrow's Parties in upstate New York last year, F*cked Up frontman Damian Abraham poured a box of cereal down into the front of his boxer shorts, the only clothes he was left wearing at the end of his set.
And the punk band's "The Chemistry of Common Life" was on constant rotation for two of my most frantic months at the beginning of 2009.
It is for these reasons that the band will be always on my radar, and why if they want to make a rock opera, I await it eagerly.
The Matador act will release "David Comes to Life" on June 7, music that goes to a play (or it's just a musical. Or whatever). There's at least a synopsis of what may happen on stage, but undoubtedly more will be revealed as June 7 creeps up. In fact, four songs total of the 18 will debut between now and then, including "The Other Shoe," posted for free download at the "David Comes to Life" website.
And here's some info on the play's namesake.
The track is kind of a shocking contrast between sweet women's voices and the growl from all engines.
I wanna fast forward already to how this album will be performed live, and I hope I get an invite to that party.
F*cked Up, "The Other Shoe"
News From Our Partners
- Justin Bieber's 'Baby' Is Highest-Certified Single in History, But His Monkey Is No Longer His Son Ho Young's Girlfriend Found Dead Listen to The-Dream Collaborate With Beyonce on 'Turnt'
- Hear This: You don’t have to know the words to have fun with this Stone Temple Pilots single Watch This: Ronin is a triumph of crime-flick economy Cannes Film Festival: Cannes, Day Seven: J.C. Chandor makes good, Nicolas Winding Refn goes bad, and Claire Denis gets ugly
- 'The World's End' Trailer: Pints, Pals, and Killer Robots! Francis Ford Coppola Directing New Italian-American Saga 'Don Jon' Trailer: Joseph-Gordon Levitt and Scarlett Johansson Go Jersey
- 'Metallica Through the Never' Trailer: Angry Mobs and "Master of Puppets" 'Timecop' Being Remade, As All Movies Eventually Must 'We're The Millers' Red Band NSFW Trailer: Jennifer Aniston and Jason Sudeikis Smuggle Drugs
- Charlotte Robinson: Somer Bingham Talks LGBT Issues and Life After The Real L Word (AUDIO) PHOTOS: Has Ellen Had Enough Of LA? Jennifer Aniston On 'Friends' Reunion: 'We All Miss Working Together'
- What to Watch Tonight: The Season Finales of SVU, The Middle, Modern Family, Chicago Fire, Nashville, and Criminal Minds The Critics Choice Awards Nominations Choose Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad The Weirdest, Grossest, Bestest Moments from Netflix's Hemlock Grove, in Pictures and GIFs
- The Telefile - Critics' Choice Television Awards 2013: Nominees Announced The Telefile - TV on DVD: Tuesday, May 21, 2013 The Telefile - Veep: The Episode's Best Insults
- 'Man Of Steel': Is Zod Superman's Khan? New 'Man of Steel' Trailer: Watch Now! 'The Hangover': Retracing The Success Of A Few Crazy Nights
From the Billboard Music Awards: 'Miguel would make a cool country duet'Tuesday, May 21, 2013
Jared Leto takes a turn at shaman-Jesus, againTuesday, May 21, 2013
Brooklyn five-piece have done it again, with a melancholy (and lively) set of winnersMonday, May 20, 2013
R&B singer ain't nothin' to relate toFriday, May 17, 2013