Song Of The Day: Chromeo turn out the lights on 'Don't Turn the Lights On'
Check out the duo's electro-dance-pop track 'Night By Night' as well
When I first heard Chromeo, I was previewing music online before seeing artists live during the 2007 Iceland Airwaves festival. I was to write about them for an English-speaking newspaper in Reykjavik. At first glance, Chromeo was cheesy as hell.
After seeing them live, I still thought they were cheesy as hell. But also wildly engaging and owning it, the smooth keyboard-enhanced jams of the late '80s, meeting with sometimes-satirical R&B/hip-hop beats, the lovey-charming-gooey vocals of Dave 1. There's a transcendence of the cheese, post-cheese, particularly live, in their brand of sensuous, celebratory electro-dance-pop. Women swooned. Men called themselves P-Thugg. They named their EP that winter "Bonafied Lovin."
Come Sept. 14, Chromeo will be continuing that trend with the release of "Business Casual," and there's at least two tracks to give a taste in advance.
"Don't Turn the Lights On" (below) is particularly creamy, with a chorus that sticks like suckers. GreenLabelSound.com is offering "Night By Night" and some remixes for free.
In a tour that's destined not to suck this summer, Chromeo is taking out Holy Ghost! and blow-up band Neon Indian on tour starting in late July through late August.
News From Our Partners
- The Saturdays Are Sexy Housewives Seeking a 'Gentleman' in New Video Enter for a Chance to See Emblem3 Live on 'Good Morning America!' Bruno Mars Rumored for 'American Idol' Judge Spot
- Quicksilver in 'X-Men: Days of Future Past': Evan Peters Cast as Magneto's Son 'Poltergeist' Reboot May Actually Be a Sequel Brad Pitt Shocks Fans at 'World War Z' Screening (VIDEO)
- What to Watch This Weekend: Orphan Black, Behind the Candelabra, and Arrested Development's Netflix Debut What to Watch Tonight: The Season Premiere of Rookie Blue and the Series Premieres of Save Me, Showville, and Does Someone Have to Go? Less Jaywalking, More Web-friendly Clips: Dos and Don'ts for Seth Meyers' Late Night Career
- Podmass: David Sedaris describes his bath time, cicadas are explained, and Wompler returns Interview: Mitchell Hurwitz talks about the resurrection of Arrested Development AVQ&A: What pop-culture family would you want to join?
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Scoop: 'Callie Isn't A Victim' 'Supernatural's' Surprising Ratings Victory Three Years Later, People Are Still Livid About 'Lost'
- 'Hangover III': The Reviews Are In! Jennifer Aniston Breaks Bad, Strips Down In 'We're The Millers' Trailer 'Star Wars' Fans Still Love To Hate Ewoks 30 Years Later
- The Telefile - Save Me: Lightning Strikes NBC The Telefile - Modern Family: Goodnight, Gracie. Hello, Series Highlight. The Telefile - Critics' Choice Television Awards 2013: Nominees Announced
- CBS Fall 2013: 'Intelligence' Extended Trailer Evokes 'Chuck' For Grown-Ups Marvel's 'Avengers Assemble': Producers Explain Movie Tie-In, Plus New Clip! 'Hannibal' Review: "Trou Normand"
Human time-lapseThursday, May 23, 2013
Ball's in your court, Bruce DickinsonThursday, May 23, 2013
Fire!Thursday, May 23, 2013
From the Billboard Music Awards: 'Miguel would make a cool country duet'Tuesday, May 21, 2013