Song Of The Day: ArpLine's 'Parts Unknown' ought be known
Download, listen, and check out the BK band's Northeast shows
You may be in pajamas, having your nightcap or drinking your joe. But take two minutes, sprinkle yourself with some black glitter and smear on some eyeliner and turn up ArpLine's "Parts Unknown."
These synthy, spacey dark glamour kings (no queens?) have cobbled together a hot mess on their 2009 album "Travel Book," all of which can be streamed here. The compartmentalized chaos of Brooklyn brethren Animal Collective comes to mind in "Fold Up Like a Piece of Paper" and "Weekend in the Colonies" made me want to procure a license for a nano-death ray (legal in New York!).
But "Parts Unknown" is the real winner today, with it's creepy-sexy arching keyboard lines, Sam Tyndall's pipes doing backbends on the chorus for cinematic effect. We hope they wrote a thank you note to Depeche Mode.
I bring this all up because they're playing their native Brooklyn tomorrow (April 22) at Death By Audio and have a handful of other Northeast stops in May. You should go, it'll be fun.
Download and play this puppy below.
[Said puppy after the jump...]
ArpLine - Parts Unknown
News From Our Partners
- Seth MacFarlane's Next Film: 'Every Line Is Hilarious,' Amanda Seyfried Swears 'The Wolverine' Trailer: Five Questions It Answered 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Takes Box-Office Crown With $84 Million
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness': How J.J. Abrams Kept the Identity of Benedict Cumberbatch's Villain a Secret Zach Galifianakis's 'Hangover III' Date: A Formerly Homeless Pal 'The Wolverine' New Trailer: More Ninjas, More Action and Jean Grey?
- The Telefile - TV on DVD: Tuesday, May 21, 2013 The Telefile - Veep: The Episode's Best Insults The Telefile - Saturday Night Live: Straight Outta 8H
- Meet The New 'X Factor' Judges 5 Women We're Excited to See On TV This Fall How 'Vikings' Leading Man Travis Fimmel Nearly Got Away...
- What to Watch Tonight: SYTYCD, Awkward., and the Finales of Grimm, The Game, and DWTS The Big C Series Finale Review: And They Lived Happily Ever After Warehouse 13 "The Sky's the Limit" Review: Up Up and Away
- Microsoft Announces Foza Motorsport 5 as an Xbox One Launch Title '24: Live Another Day': Will Mary Lynn Rajskub's Chloe Return? Xbox One's Xbox Live Services Will Get a Boost
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Six: Michael Douglas plays Liberace in Steven Soderbergh’s swan song, Behind The Candelabra Comics Panel: New releases include an alternative detective story and a new collection examining the collective urban subconscious Permanent Records: The Breeders’ Last Splash is a rallying cry for the weirdos and stereotype-flouters
- Daft Punk, 'Random Access Memories' – Album Review Adam Levine Inviting Shakira Over for Sweaty Bikram Yoga Sessions, Sparks Rumors Chris Brown, Demi Lovato + More React to Oklahoma Tornado Tragedy
From the Billboard Music Awards: 'Miguel would make a cool country duet'Tuesday, May 21, 2013
Jared Leto takes a turn at shaman-Jesus, againTuesday, May 21, 2013
Brooklyn five-piece have done it again, with a melancholy (and lively) set of winnersMonday, May 20, 2013
R&B singer ain't nothin' to relate toFriday, May 17, 2013