Radiohead slates two New York shows, 'SNL,' 'Colbert' in sole U.S. concerts
Thom Yorke & Co. just kind of barely promoting 'King of Limbs' finally
Radiohead's slow-burning promotion of "The King of Limbs" has finally crossed the Atlantic, first with the announcement of a "Colbert Report" stop, "Saturday Night Live" and now a pair of shows later this month in New York.
The British band has announced Sept. 28 and 29 concerts at New York's Roseland Ballroom, with tickets going up just a couple days before at 10 a.m. on Sept. 26 via Ticketmaster. That room has the comparitively tiny capacity of ~3,200.
The last time Radiohead regularly gigged in the U.S. was in Aug. 2008. These mark the first concerts in support of newest album "The King of Limbs," released earlier this year.
In addition to these live shows, the band will initiate "The Colbert Report's" very first hour-long episode on Sept. 26; according to a release from Comedy Central, the group will play tracks from "TKoL" and "The Daily Mail," one of their unreleased tracks promoted during their "TKoL" stints overseas.
Additionally, Radiohead is scheduled for a stop on "Saturday Night Live" on Sept. 24, the comedy show's season premiere.
And at the moment, it doesn't look like they're going to stray far from the NYC area.
So why the comedy/variety shows? Perhaps those appearances will appeal to the widest swatch of people, and for a band so private, perhaps this is their way of showing more personality.
I'm a little surprised they're not promoting themselves in the U.S. closer to that release date, but maybe Colbert and "SNL" have scheduling ideas of their own around that release date, like AI's Lauren Alaina, the comeback of Evanescence or solo boy-brother band breakout Joe Jonas. But for a band that hasn't tried too terribly hard to push this latest album, any uptick is notable.
News From Our Partners
- 'Supernatural' Season Finale Review: "Sacrifice" 'Arrow' Season Finale Review: "Sacrifice" 'Modern Family' Review: "Games People Play"
- The Telefile - TNT & TBS Upfront 2013: Reaping What Other Networks Sowed The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When The Telefile - New Girl: Wedding Do's and Don'ts
- Total Recall: Star Trek Movies Parental Guidance: Star Trek Into Darkness In Pictures: The Stars of Star Trek Into Darkness
- 'Angry Birds' Film Dive-Bombing Into Theaters In 2016 'Fast & Furious 6' Blasts Forward With Exclusive Clip: Watch Now! 'Riddick' Trailer: Watch Vin Diesel Fight For Survival
- What to Watch Tonight: The Office's Big Farewell and the Season Finales of TVD, Elementary, and Five More Arrow Season 1 Finale Review: The Tragedies of Men Grimm "The Waking Dead" Review: Dead On Arrival
- Laura Prudom: The Ultimate Sacrifice You Won't Believe What He Stole From George W. Bush It's Getting Ugly
- Interview: Noah Baumbach on how Frances Ha helped him see New York City with new eyes Random Roles: James Urbaniak on Venture Bros.’ return and Hal Hartley’s Lord Of The Rings Watch This: The second half of Twilight Zone: The Movie more than makes up for the first
- 'American Idol' Recap: Top 2 Perform Shakira Leaving 'The Voice' Next Season Source Claims Kanye West + Kim Kardashian Will Most Likely Break Up Before the Baby Is Born
Singer reveals abusive relationship and 'bittersweet' feelings toward BeyonceWednesday, May 15, 2013
Watch the video to her cover of Eddie Vedder's 'Without You'Tuesday, May 14, 2013
Go ahead and sample a third of the album, including 'I Appear Missing'Tuesday, May 14, 2013
Choirs, harpisocord, the Eternal and -- or course -- glorious pop musicMonday, May 13, 2013