Radiohead announce new album 'The King of Limbs,' digital release out on Saturday
Digital version due Feb. 19, basic CD in March, insane package in May
The mystery remains what a newpaper album exactly is.
And what the tracklist is. But we'll know pretty quick, considering the British band is releasing the album in full digitally this Saturday.
"The King of Limbs" will be available for purchase for $9 and $14 for the digital download in MP3 or WAV, respectively, on Feb. 19 exclusively through their website. Then, a standard vinyl and CD release of the album goes to brick-and-mortar, as well as to all other digital shops, on March 28.
Then, if you are patient and have a little more money to drop, you may be interested in the insane deluxe packaging of the set, which will be shipped on May 9. This behemoth contains two clear 10" vinyl records, a CD, "many large sheets of artwork, 625 tiny pieces of artwork and a full-colour piece of oxo-degradeable plastic to hold it all together," a digital download the same day everybody else can get it and a chance at winning an autographed 12" record with two songs on it. No word what the songs are. At $48 (MP3) and $53 (WAV), the price includes shipping.
[More after the jump...]
Click here to check out order information, downloading instructions and all the little bits we know.
With this, we wave goodbye to the name-your-own-price trick that dominated the conversation about Radiohead's last "In Rainbows." But there's also a focus on making that deluxe package deluxe in its physical appearance, rather than packed with bonus audio goodies. They are, again, releasing it through TBD Records.
Aside from that, not much is known about the project, except that the group worked again with longtime collaborator Nigel Godrich and have been at it on and off for the last two to three years. No tour dates have been named yet, but it gets my brain spinning on which major U.S. music festivals haven't named their headliners yet...
And in this digital age, I appreciate not having a long wait.
News From Our Partners
- In Pictures: The Stars of Star Trek Into Darkness Digital Multiplex: The Last Stand, Side Effects, and More RT on DVD & Blu-Ray: Ambitious, Time-Jumping Epic Cloud Atlas
- 'Star Trek' Baddie Benedict Cumberbatch Reveals Role's Biggest Challenge Cannes Film Festival 2013: Our Must-See Movies 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Secret Behind The Sounds
- 'Riddick' Trailer: Vin Diesel Is What Goes Bump in the Night 'The Simpsons' Taps Kristen Wiig For Guest Arc As FBI Agent CBS Fall 2013 Schedule: 'Mike & Molly' to 2014, More Comedy Thursday, and 'Hawaii' to Friday
- The Telefile - TNT & TBS Upfront 2013: Reaping What Other Networks Sowed The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When The Telefile - New Girl: Wedding Do's and Don'ts
- What to Watch Tonight: The Season Finales of Arrow, CSI, and Supernatural Grimm "The Waking Dead" Review: Dead On Arrival CBS's 2013-2014 Season: New Nights for Person of Interest and Hawaii Five-0, More Comedy on Thursdays
- Demi Moore & Ashton Kutcher in $10M Tug of War 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier': Chris Evans, Scarlett Johansson, Anthony Mackie Spotted in D.C. (VIDEO) Katie Holmes Attracts the Wrong Kind of Attention on 'Mania Days' Set
- Hulu.com: 7 Things That Wouldn't Exist Without The Office Larry Womack: In Defense of (the Original) James T. Kirk 'Storage Wars': Ivy Finds Giant Clam Shell
- Best Alicia Keys Instagram Photos – Picture Perfect Taylor Swift Fan Arrested for Swimming Near Her Rhode Island Beach House Taylor Swift vs. Pink vs. Rihanna vs. Beyonce: Whose Tour Costume Do You Like Best? – Readers Poll
Watch the video to her cover of Eddie Vedder's 'Without You'Tuesday, May 14, 2013
Go ahead and sample a third of the album, including 'I Appear Missing'Tuesday, May 14, 2013
Choirs, harpisocord, the Eternal and -- or course -- glorious pop musicMonday, May 13, 2013
Advertisement for awesomeFriday, May 10, 2013