Missy Elliott really is back: Listen to a Busta Rhymes remix with Chris Brown and Lil Wayne
Speedy 'Why Stop Now' will have you up on your 'tippy toes'
Get up "on your tippy toes" or "sit down in yo' seat": Missy Elliott is back, and she can still throw down.
I was wiping my eyes like a dream-state a couple weeks ago when Timbaland said he was working with the Original Misdemeanor, and he and she would be releasing solo albums concurrently this summer. Now I'm rubbing my ears.
Busta Rhymes' "Why Stop Now" got a remix reuniting the "Look at Me Now" personnel, with Chris Brown rawr-rawring the hook, Lil Wanye batting around .200 as per usual, Busta providing evidence that his gains on age have no inverse impact on the speed with which he can spit. He's still a name that can attract a rhymer like Miss. And, oh Missy.
No drama, no celeb-baiting beefing. There's barely any smack-talk. She just excited to be behind the mic for this particular track.
"Why Stop Now" was originally out in November -- featuring Breezy -- as part of a Google Music campaign. It was also around that time that Busta Rhymes was a confirmed new member of the Cash Money family and helped out his new labelmate Lil Twist on "Turnt Up." This speedy track very well could be on Busta's label debut, due some time this summer.
Busta Rhymes also showed up on Justin Bieber's Christmas album last year, but we won't talk about that.
Check out the track below, as well as the video of Timbaland confirming to MTV the news of Elliott's imminent return. Elliott's still tentatively titled "Block Party" will be her first solo album since 2005's "The Cookbook," though she's released singles like "Ching-a-Ling" in between. She's be co-writing and producing for artists like Monica, J. Cole and Jamzine Sullivan in the last couple of years.
Get More: Music News
Trending Now on HitFix Boards
|Topic||Started By||Latest Post||Replies|
3 months ago
6 months ago
|Discuss Music General on HitFix Message Boards »|
News From Our Partners
- Jennifer Aniston Strips In New Movie AMC Boss Reveals Plans For 'The Walking Dead's' Future Amy's Baking Co. Owner Facing Deportation?
- What to Watch Tonight: The Season Premiere of Rookie Blue and the Series Premieres of Save Me, Showville, and Does Someone Have to Go? What to Watch Tonight: The Season Finales of SVU, The Middle, Modern Family, Chicago Fire, Nashville, and Criminal Minds The Critics Choice Awards Nominations Choose Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad
- 'Man Of Steel': Is Zod Superman's Khan? New 'Man of Steel' Trailer: Watch Now! 'The Hangover': Retracing The Success Of A Few Crazy Nights
- Total Recall: Bradley Cooper's Best Movies Parental Guidance: Epic and Beautiful Creatures Comic Book Movies You Can Watch Online
- 'The World's End' Trailer: Pints, Pals, and Killer Robots! Francis Ford Coppola Directing New Italian-American Saga 'Don Jon' Trailer: Joseph-Gordon Levitt and Scarlett Johansson Go Jersey
- The Telefile - Modern Family: Goodnight, Gracie. Hello, Series Highlight. The Telefile - Critics' Choice Television Awards 2013: Nominees Announced The Telefile - TV on DVD: Tuesday, May 21, 2013
- Netflix's 'Hemlock Grove': Is Season 2 in the Cards? 'Arrow' Season 2: What Major Scene Was Cut From the Finale? J.J. Abrams Adresses 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Underwear Scene by Showing Benedict Cumberbatch Showering
- Interview: Arrested Development’s Jeffrey Tambor on the show’s return and inevitable movie Gateways To Geekery: An initiation into the psychedelic sci-fi rock of Hawkwind Hear This: You don’t have to know the words to have fun with this Stone Temple Pilots single
From the Billboard Music Awards: 'Miguel would make a cool country duet'Tuesday, May 21, 2013
Jared Leto takes a turn at shaman-Jesus, againTuesday, May 21, 2013
Brooklyn five-piece have done it again, with a melancholy (and lively) set of winnersMonday, May 20, 2013
R&B singer ain't nothin' to relate toFriday, May 17, 2013