Mike Patton scoring Derek Cianfrance's 'Pines' and promises new Tomahawk album
Ryan Gosling trading cars for motorcycles in 'The Place Beyond the Pines'
Ryan Gosling proved his bad-ass mettle with four wheels in "Drive." Now imagine Hollywood's boyfriend doing the same, only with motorcycles. And with a prospectively and equally bad-ass soundtrack, composed by Mike Patton.
Not much is known beyond Patton's participation, though he's proven to keep good company on top of his experience scoring flicks like Italian film "A Solitude of Prime Numbers" (2010) and Jason Statham-starring "Crank 2: High Voltage" (2009).
"The Place Beyond the Pines" synopsis is worded thusly: "A motorcycle stunt rider considers committing a crime in order to provide for his wife and child, an act that puts him on a collision course with a cop-turned-politician." It co-stars Eva Mendes and (apparently...) the world's sexiest man Bradley Cooper (...whatever). While the premise sounds a little familiar, doubtless the score won't.
Patton -- among my favorite evil geniuses -- is also at work on another major project: the 43-year-old songwriter is completing a new Tomahawk album "with a projected late summer release date." One of the better results of the term "supergroup," the rock troupe last released "Anonymous" in 2007. Patton turned around and worked on his films plus the 2009 Faith No More reformation thereafter. Former Jesus Lizard guitarist Duane Denison, John Stanier (Helmet, Battles) and Kevin Rutmanis (Melvins) are hopefully still all on board. Tomahawn announced they were working on a new set on Facebook back in November.
News From Our Partners
- Christopher Nolan for James Bond Movie? Director Allegedly Courted to Direct Edward Furlong, 'Terminator 2' Star, Arrested Again Cannes 2013: $1M in Jewelry Stolen at Film Festival
- How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office? 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Secret Behind The Mystery Villain 'Pacific Rim' Trailer Surfaces: Watch Now!
- Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Two: Iranian director Asghar Farhadi chases A Separation with another stunning drama
- Demi Lovato vs. Perrie Edwards – PopCrush Prom Queen of 2013, Round 3 Justin Bieber vs. Austin Mahone – PopCrush Prom King of 2013, Round 3 Demi Lovato Sings Selena Gomez's Praises [Video]
- Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition Video Interviews with Katie Aselton & Lake Bell of Black Rock
- What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy Syfy Renews Warehouse 13 for a Fifth and Final Season What to Watch Tonight: The Office's Big Farewell and the Season Finales of TVD, Elementary, and Five More
- 'Frances Ha' Review 'Star Wars: Episode 7′ — The Real Reason J.J. Abrams Left 'Star Trek' Sega Game Gear Classics Headed to Nintendo 3DS Virtual Console
- YESSSSSSS... Who Won 'American Idol' 2013? The Ultimate Office Blooper Reel
In case you were wondering, he's talking about 'straight sex'Thursday, May 16, 2013
Singer reveals abusive relationship and 'bittersweet' feelings toward BeyonceWednesday, May 15, 2013
Watch the video to her cover of Eddie Vedder's 'Without You'Tuesday, May 14, 2013
Go ahead and sample a third of the album, including 'I Appear Missing'Tuesday, May 14, 2013