Listen: New Jane's Addiction song 'End to the Lies'
Produced by TV On The Radio's Dave Sitek
I may not be the best judge of new Jane's Addiction material, for their last studio foray "Stays," from 2003, greatly disappointed.
But that was eight years ago. The band's return will certainly be heralded with a little help from new track "End to the Lies," produced by the act's new bassist/producer/solo artist/TV On The Radio collaborator Dave Sitek.
It rocks good and tough, primed for hard rock radio, Perry Farrell's vocals pushed way back behind Sitek's signature fuzz. The amps may have given the guitars a lot of character but studio trickery gives it some nice atmosphere.
What's with the Spanish being spoken over the intro and outro? "End to the Lies" premiered down in South America, where Farrell, 51, is busy preparing to launch Lollapalooza Chile, running April 2-3.
The song will be included on Jane's forthcoming new album, "The Great Escape Artist," set to drop this summer and with some more production work from Rich Costey. As an update, Farrell and Co. are back together with Dave Navarro, while Sitek replaces Duff McKagan, who replaced Eric Avery.
News From Our Partners
- The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When The Telefile - TNT & TBS Upfront 2013: Reaping What Other Networks Sowed
- What to Watch Tonight: The Office's Big Farewell and the Season Finales of TVD, Elementary, and Five More The CW's 2013-2014 Schedule: Supernatural Switches Nights Again, The Vampire Diaries Pairs With Reign Watch the Trailers for The CW's New Series, Including The 100, Star-Crossed, and Reign (VIDEO)
- Hulu.com: Is The Office the Definitive TV Show of the '00s? Craziest 'Simpsons' Couch Gag Yet? Denied By PBS?
- State of Decay, TMNT Release Dates Leaked by Gamestop Watch 'The Hangover 3′ Stars Zach Galifianakis and Ken Jeong Perform Stand-Up Together in 1998 'Pacific Rim' Trailer: When Man and Machine Become One
- Total Recall: Star Trek Movies Parental Guidance: Star Trek Into Darkness In Pictures: The Stars of Star Trek Into Darkness
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Reviews Are In! Emma Watson In 'The Bling Ring': The Early Reviews Are In! 'Star Trek' And Klingon: Learn The Language Of The Aliens!
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day One: Sofia Coppola offers the first misfire of the festival Hear This: A song with a long title succinctly encapsulates ’90s power-pop Watch This: Laura Palmer lives—however briefly—in Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me
- Weekend Movies: 'Star Trek Into Darkness,' 'Black Rock,' and More Bruce Willis Set for 'Expiration': Actor Will Play Hitman in Next Movie Emma Watson Says She is in No Rush 'To Be Seen as a Woman'
Singer reveals abusive relationship and 'bittersweet' feelings toward BeyonceWednesday, May 15, 2013
Watch the video to her cover of Eddie Vedder's 'Without You'Tuesday, May 14, 2013
Go ahead and sample a third of the album, including 'I Appear Missing'Tuesday, May 14, 2013
Choirs, harpisocord, the Eternal and -- or course -- glorious pop musicMonday, May 13, 2013