Listen: Mick Jagger's supergroup Super Heavy debuts new 'Miracle Worker' single
Who's most prominent in the mix: Damian Marly, Joss Stone, A.R. Rahman, Dave Stewart or Jagger?
Mick Jagger, A.R. Rahman, Joss Stone, Dave Stewart and Damian Marley have formed the supergroup Super Heavy, but it's the latter's reggae rhythms that seem to have influenced the band's first single "Miracle Worker."
Now: imagine a room of distinct and forceful singers trying to pick out a strong verse melody that befits their own comfortable range, but only really matching up on a chorus. It pulls back on the reggae melodic ideas, but goes with a high-sheen pop-rock structure, a tinge of "world" flavor, a turn-taking hodge-podge of ideas.
I don't hate it, but it certainly doesn't make me eager for a final product from the group in September. And it is far, far away from the Rolling Stones, for you super (heavy) fans out there.
To hear the song? BBC Ken Bruce premiered the track: fast-forward to 1:45:45 in this broadcast.
The as-yet-untitled album will be out on Sept. 20.
"Working with four other vocalists was interesting to me," said Jagger in a recent interview printed by AP. "I've never actually done it before. Normally, I have to do everything, which I'm quite happy to do. Don't worry. It was kind of fun because when we had to finish it off, I realized we all had a part to play."
"What bit of iTunes genres does it go on? The unknowable? Isn't there an unknown section?"
News From Our Partners
- T-ara Member Hyomin Shows Off Her Sexy Side in Korean InStyle [Pics] Listen to David Guetta's Remix of Empire of the Sun's 'Alive Demi Lovato to Have Her Tonsils Removed
- What to Watch Tonight: SYTYCD, Awkward., and the Finales of Grimm, The Game, and DWTS 7 Lessons We Learned from the 2012-2013 TV Season The Big C Series Finale Review: And They Lived Happily Ever After
- Hear This: An early Walkmen song gets anti-nostalgic Watch This: Thunder Road is one of the first, and finest, automotive action movies off the Hollywood lot Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Six: Michael Douglas plays Liberace in Steven Soderbergh’s swan song, Behind The Candelabra
- Is 'Jurassic Park 4' a Reboot? Yes, According to Sam Neill 'Return of the Jedi': 25 Things You Didn't Know About the Original 'Star Wars' Trilogy Finale Melissa McCarthy Fires a 'Tammy' Extra for Mistreating Her Child
- The Telefile - TV on DVD: Tuesday, May 21, 2013 The Telefile - Veep: The Episode's Best Insults The Telefile - Saturday Night Live: Straight Outta 8H
- GIFS: 10 TV Housekeepers That Ran The Show Megan Smolenyak: Celebrity Roots Series "Who Do You Think You Are?" Returns This Is Going To Be AMAZING
- Xbox One Will Require Daily Internet Connection 'Hannibal' "Trou Normand" Preview: Is Will Losing His Mind? Quantum Break Trailer: Remedy Returns With Xbox One Exclusive
- Seth MacFarlane's Next Film: 'Every Line Is Hilarious,' Amanda Seyfried Swears 'The Wolverine' Trailer: Five Questions It Answered 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Takes Box-Office Crown With $84 Million
From the Billboard Music Awards: 'Miguel would make a cool country duet'Tuesday, May 21, 2013
Jared Leto takes a turn at shaman-Jesus, againTuesday, May 21, 2013
Brooklyn five-piece have done it again, with a melancholy (and lively) set of winnersMonday, May 20, 2013
R&B singer ain't nothin' to relate toFriday, May 17, 2013