Listen: Kanye West's G.O.O.D. Music remixes Chief Keef's 'I Don't Like'
Original song's producer don't like it
Kanye West, Pusha T, Big Sean and Jadakiss all showed up for a G.O.O.D. Music's remix of Chicago rapper Chief Keef's "I Don't Like," but not everybody likes it.
The 16-year-old's track has additional verses and a new melody line over the beat, which the song's original producer Young Chop takes issue with.
"I’m mad as f*ck, for the simple fact that they did not ask me to change up sh*t in my beat. How the f*ck did they add another melody over the instrumental?" he told radio host DJ Moon Dog this week. "These motherf*ckers is playing me and I don’t give two f*cks, I will sue the shit out of Kanye West… I made a f*cking sound, so you supposed to stay with my f*cking sound. The beat is fucking hard by itself. That shit don’t sound the same, it don’t got the same feel."
- Check out everything there is including photos, reviews, videos.
So he'd agree with Yeezy's line, ""They steal your whole sound, that's a soundbite"?
Welcome to the big time, fella. The song's not for sale or profit yet, and your and Keef's profile just grew by a huge percentage. Remixes as creative license have been the name of the game for more than a decade now, with rappers building on the blocks you create. A lawsuit is unlikely in order.
And now, a couple more things. First, song has a lot of potential, but there's still room to grow. His voice and the hook sounds green, outmatched, and it sounds like everyone's interested in the behind-the-beat flow just to work around it.
Second: Yay, Jadakiss, oh hello!
Third, it's a shame that the second offering from the G.O.O.D. group this season isn't an original. I appreciate that Ye is amping up young talent from his Chicago home town, but how about proving some mettle with just his crew for now?
As for Keef, he's still a little stunned. For a teenager -- at home, on house arrest at his grandma's, no less -- it's a little of a shock. "“I was just like, ‘Kanye? Kanye wanna get on ‘I Don't Like'? But I could understand it, 'cause I know he be on it to talk about what he don't like. And I made the song and nobody had come out with that idea yet," he told XXL.
News From Our Partners
- Xbox One Games Can Be Played By Multiple Users on One Console 'American Horror Story: Coven' Adds Emma Roberts 'Fast 6′ vs. 'Hangover 3′: Who Will Win the Memorial Day Weekend Box Office?
- In Pictures: The Cars of Fast & Furious Digital Multiplex: Warm Bodies and Aftershock Discover the Best-Reviewed Films in Summer Movie Scorecard 2013
- 'Before Midnight' L.A. Premiere: Ethan Hawke, Julie Delpy Celebrate 18 Years Together (PHOTOS) Josh Hutcherson in 'Ape': 'Hunger Games' Star Lines Up Role in Psychological Thriller 'Man of Steel' Trailer: Kneel Before General Zod
- Please Watch New 'Arrested Development' In Order & Not At Once From 'Idol' Contestants To Judges? From 'Unfabulous' To 'American Horror Story'
- Rihanna Working on Eighth Album [Pic] One Direction to Release Fourth Book This Summer Beyonce Reveals Battle With Tonsillitis + 'Grown Woman' Choreography in Mrs. Carter Show Tour Videos
- The Telefile - Critics' Choice Television Awards 2013: Nominees Announced The Telefile - TV on DVD: Tuesday, May 21, 2013 The Telefile - Veep: The Episode's Best Insults
- New 'Man of Steel' Trailer: Watch Now! 'The Hangover': Retracing The Success Of A Few Crazy Nights 'Fast & Furious 6': How Michelle Rodriguez Came Back From The Dead
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes, Day Seven: J.C. Chandor makes good, Nicolas Winding Refn goes bad, and Claire Denis gets ugly Interview: Katie Aselton on going from mumblecore to thriller—and directing her own nude scenes TV Roundtable: Boobies, pee-pees, codependence, and grounding the shenanigans with heart
From the Billboard Music Awards: 'Miguel would make a cool country duet'Tuesday, May 21, 2013
Jared Leto takes a turn at shaman-Jesus, againTuesday, May 21, 2013
Brooklyn five-piece have done it again, with a melancholy (and lively) set of winnersMonday, May 20, 2013
R&B singer ain't nothin' to relate toFriday, May 17, 2013