Listen: Feist releses first single from new album 'Metals'
'How Come You Never Go There' goes there with electric guitar, slow rock
Feist's new album 'Metals' is out the block with something a little softer than the album title implies.
"How Come You Never Go There" may sound grammatically incorrect, but this love song in context connects through its small, slow beat, Feist's typical stacked vocals and a second verse that will just kill you.
What I love about Leslie Feist is that all of her vocal takes sound like they were recorded with her lips just so up against the hood of the mic, like she was somewhere dark and intimate for even the fleshiest of full-band encounters. It sounds sexy because it is. This is one of those sexy songs, despite the evident loneliness.
"Metals" was recorded in Big Sur, Calif. and will be out on Oct. 4. She will go on a somewhat brief tour overseas and in North America in support, dates below.
Here is the tracklist for 'Metals':
1 The Bad in Each Otherâ€¨
3 Caught a Long Windâ€¨
4 How Come You Never Go Thereâ€¨
5 A Commotionâ€¨
6 Bittersweet Melodiesâ€¨
8 The Undiscovered First
9 Cicadas and Gullsâ€¨
10 Woe Beâ€¨
11 Comfort Meâ€¨
12 Get It Wrong Get It Right
Here are Feist's tour dates:
Oct 15 Amsterdam, Holland / Carre Theatre
Oct 17 London, UK / Palladium
Oct 19 Brussels, Belgium / Cirque Royale
Oct 22 Berlin, Germany / Tempodrom
Oct 29 Philadelphia, USA / World Café Live 20th Anniversary
Nov 02 Brooklyn, USA / Howard Gilman Opera House
Nov 04 Chicago, USA / Riviera Theatre
Nov 06 Atlanta, USA / Tabernacle
Nov 08 Dallas, USA / Majestic Theatre
Nov 12 Los Angeles, USA / Wiltern Theatre
Nov 14 San Francisco, USA / Warfield Theatre
Nov 16 Portland, USA/ Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall
Nov 17 Seattle, USA / Moore Theatre
Nov 18 Vancouver, Canada / Performing Arts Centre
Nov 20 Edmonton, Canada / Northern Alberta Jubilee
Nov 21 Calgary, Canada / Jack Singer Concert Hall
Dec 01 Toronto, Canada / Massey Hall
Dec 03 Montreal, Canada / Metropolis
Dec 05 Ottawa, Canada / National Arts Centre
Dec 06 Quebec City, Canada / Grand Theatre Du Quebec
Here is the cover art for 'Metals':
News From Our Partners
- 'The World's End' Trailer: Pints, Pals, and Killer Robots! Francis Ford Coppola Directing New Italian-American Saga 'Don Jon' Trailer: Joseph-Gordon Levitt and Scarlett Johansson Go Jersey
- What to Watch Tonight: The Season Finales of SVU, The Middle, Modern Family, Chicago Fire, Nashville, and Criminal Minds The Critics Choice Awards Nominations Choose Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad The Weirdest, Grossest, Bestest Moments from Netflix's Hemlock Grove, in Pictures and GIFs
- The Telefile - Critics' Choice Television Awards 2013: Nominees Announced The Telefile - TV on DVD: Tuesday, May 21, 2013 The Telefile - Veep: The Episode's Best Insults
- 'Metallica Through the Never' Trailer: Angry Mobs and "Master of Puppets" 'Timecop' Being Remade, As All Movies Eventually Must 'We're The Millers' Red Band NSFW Trailer: Jennifer Aniston and Jason Sudeikis Smuggle Drugs
- Hear This: You don’t have to know the words to have fun with this Stone Temple Pilots single Watch This: Ronin is a triumph of crime-flick economy Cannes Film Festival: Cannes, Day Seven: J.C. Chandor makes good, Nicolas Winding Refn goes bad, and Claire Denis gets ugly
- Charlotte Robinson: Somer Bingham Talks LGBT Issues and Life After The Real L Word (AUDIO) PHOTOS: Has Ellen Had Enough Of LA? Jennifer Aniston On 'Friends' Reunion: 'We All Miss Working Together'
- Total Recall: Bradley Cooper's Best Movies Parental Guidance: Epic and Beautiful Creatures Comic Book Movies You Can Watch Online
- Justin Bieber's 'Baby' Is Highest-Certified Single in History, But His Monkey Is No Longer His Son Ho Young's Girlfriend Found Dead Listen to The-Dream Collaborate With Beyonce on 'Turnt'
From the Billboard Music Awards: 'Miguel would make a cool country duet'Tuesday, May 21, 2013
Jared Leto takes a turn at shaman-Jesus, againTuesday, May 21, 2013
Brooklyn five-piece have done it again, with a melancholy (and lively) set of winnersMonday, May 20, 2013
R&B singer ain't nothin' to relate toFriday, May 17, 2013