Listen: B.o.B. responds to Odd Future with short 'No Future' diss track
Tyler the Creator in three, two...
Get it? No future, Odd Future. I see what you did there.
B.o.B has released a one-off last night, "No Future," that seems to be a response to Odd Future Wolf Gang Kill Them All's frontman and main goofball Tyler the Creator's "Yonkers."
That track name-checks Bobby Ray and his "Airplanes" hit, as well as his collaborators Hayley Williams and Bruno Mars. "Wolf Hayley robbin' em / I'll crash that f**kin' airplane that that f*ckin' n*gga B.o.B is in / And stab Bruno Mars in his g*dd*mn esophagus / And won't stop until the cops come in," Tyler rapped.
In response? B.o.B. calls Wolf Gang "beginners" (pot, meet kettle) "clown-ass n*ggas," warning them "If I were you I'd be a little more cautious" (a grand departure from what Snoop Dogg and Far East Movement would do if they were you).
Bobby Ray kindly requests "haters get off my d*ck," he rhymes. "I'm a grown man, don't need no p*ssy" to take care of me," then some analogies about great whites and dolphins, muffins and baking. In conclusion "Keep f*ckin' with me and you ain't have no future."
[More after the jump...]
I'm feeling a little facetious because, frankly, I like the "Yonkers" jam better. As I'd previously written last year on B.o.B., the man needs a good editor and if he wants to be a rapper, better let him rap, rather than push the big cheese single after pop-rap single. I like to hear his claws come out here -- the contrast to that sh*t-eating grin from the photo above -- so get back to it and let me know when the next fight is on.
Speaking of which, Tyler doesn't seem to mind the response. Via Twitter: "Whoa. I Don't Think The 'No Future' Song Is Even A Diss. But, Ive Never Heard Him Spit Like That. Took Me By Surprise, Cus Its Tight." Then, "Still Hate That Airplanes Song Tho. It Has The Same Chord Progression As F*cking 'Love The Way You Lie' And That One Song By Katy Perry... Actually, All The Music Now Days Have The Same Chord Progression, With That Dumbass Techno Synth, Or Like, Garage Band Drums."
Title caps is the new Kanye West all-caps.
News From Our Partners
- Reese Witherspoon Joins Paul Thomas Anderson's 'Inherent Vice' CBS Fall 2013 Trailers: Sarah Michelle Gellar's 'Crazy Ones,' Anna Faris' Mom' and More! Sony Trademarks Possible PlayStation 4 Slogan "Greatness Awaits"
- 'Angry Birds' Film Dive-Bombing Into Theaters In 2016 'Fast & Furious 6' Blasts Forward With Exclusive Clip: Watch Now! 'Riddick' Trailer: Watch Vin Diesel Fight For Survival
- Shakira Leaving 'The Voice' Next Season Source Claims Kanye West + Kim Kardashian Will Most Likely Break Up Before the Baby Is Born Demi Lovato Gets New 'Warrior'-Inspired Tattoo [Pic]
- Hear This: Connections gives a Guided By Voices-indebted reason to go for the opener Watch This: The second half of Twilight Zone: The Movie more than makes up for the first Tolerability Index: This week we're barely putting up with The Killing
- Why They Went 'Crazy' 30 EPIC Wedding Disasters 'No One Lives Forever'
- 'Riddick' Trailer: Vin Diesel Is Back and Playing for Blood 'Rio 2' Teaser Trailer Has Landed: Let's Dance! Cannes 2013: Celebs Invade Opening Ceremony (PHOTOS)
- The Telefile - TNT & TBS Upfront 2013: Reaping What Other Networks Sowed The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When The Telefile - New Girl: Wedding Do's and Don'ts
- Total Recall: Star Trek Movies Parental Guidance: Star Trek Into Darkness In Pictures: The Stars of Star Trek Into Darkness
Singer reveals abusive relationship and 'bittersweet' feelings toward BeyonceWednesday, May 15, 2013
Watch the video to her cover of Eddie Vedder's 'Without You'Tuesday, May 14, 2013
Go ahead and sample a third of the album, including 'I Appear Missing'Tuesday, May 14, 2013
Choirs, harpisocord, the Eternal and -- or course -- glorious pop musicMonday, May 13, 2013