Kanye West, Justin Bieber and Raekwon plotting collaboration
The idea sprung from a love-fest between Ye and The Bieb, as Kanye Tweeted that he liked the young pop star's "Runaway Love." Bieber geeked out. Then Kanye was like, Isn't this fun we're both on Twitter and, oh yeah, "“Maybe we can do something together. Me, You and Raekwon.” Because, yeah, whatever, Raekwon. To prove he knows who Raekwon is, Bieb referred to him as the Chef and nerded again.
In summary: "Will you go into the studio with me? Circle YES or NO." The exchange probably would be better fleshed out in notes passed during math class and were not a 140 character limit in effect, but naturally, wouldn't be as publicly attention-gobbling.
Chef Rae then told XXL “It’s definitely gonna happen” in an interview last night.
“When you got these kinda talents merging together to do something exciting, I think it’s something that’s gonna make the fans check it out. I’m big fans of both of these guys. I think, at the end of the day, shorty is a sensation. And [for him] to acknowledge me it makes me feel good that the young generation is checkin’ me out like that. And at the same time it gives me a position to play a big brother in the game," the Wu-Tang member said. "Yeezy called me and we gon’ make it pop. At the end of the day we’re all doing our thing in the game and for them to even just have a conversation and just put my name in it it feels good…And we gon’ make a hit."
Then, naturally, Raekwon took his Twitter account to announce, "On my way to the airport to nyc to get up wit my legendary @kanyewest! Yall asked for it now we’re gonna deliver!"
I don't know what color Fame's coattails are, but I hope Raekwon's wearing something that matches. The MC is no chopped liver, but this would be a mega high-profile gig that would eclipse most all of his previous opportunities. As a non-Belieber, I appreciate Rae's non-compliment of the 16-year-old, mentioning only that he's a "sensation." But then again, I'm just tired of A-listers from West to D-listers like the Kardashians slobbering all over an adorable walking piggy bank robot with "respect." Even if that 800x slower remix of "U Smile" is pretty neat.
News From Our Partners
- One Direction Announce Where We Are Stadium Tour for 2014 Miley Cyrus Wants Everyone to Know She's Still Engaged by Posting This New Pic Most Anticipated Album Release for June 2013 – Readers Poll
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Reviews Are In! Emma Watson In 'The Bling Ring': The Early Reviews Are In! 'Star Trek' And Klingon: Learn The Language Of The Aliens!
- State of Decay, TMNT Release Dates Leaked by Gamestop Watch 'The Hangover 3′ Stars Zach Galifianakis and Ken Jeong Perform Stand-Up Together in 1998 'Pacific Rim' Trailer: When Man and Machine Become One
- Weekend Movies: 'Star Trek Into Darkness,' 'Black Rock,' and More Bruce Willis Set for 'Expiration': Actor Will Play Hitman in Next Movie Emma Watson Says She is in No Rush 'To Be Seen as a Woman'
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day One: Sofia Coppola offers the first misfire of the festival Hear This: A song with a long title succinctly encapsulates ’90s power-pop Watch This: Laura Palmer lives—however briefly—in Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me
- What to Watch Tonight: The Office's Big Farewell and the Season Finales of TVD, Elementary, and Five More The CW's 2013-2014 Schedule: Supernatural Switches Nights Again, The Vampire Diaries Pairs With Reign Watch the Trailers for The CW's New Series, Including The 100, Star-Crossed, and Reign (VIDEO)
- Total Recall: Star Trek Movies Parental Guidance: Star Trek Into Darkness In Pictures: The Stars of Star Trek Into Darkness
- Hulu.com: Is The Office the Definitive TV Show of the '00s? Craziest 'Simpsons' Couch Gag Yet? Denied By PBS?
Singer reveals abusive relationship and 'bittersweet' feelings toward BeyonceWednesday, May 15, 2013
Watch the video to her cover of Eddie Vedder's 'Without You'Tuesday, May 14, 2013
Go ahead and sample a third of the album, including 'I Appear Missing'Tuesday, May 14, 2013
Choirs, harpisocord, the Eternal and -- or course -- glorious pop musicMonday, May 13, 2013