Jay-Z posts new song 'Glory' in honor of his and Beyonce's new baby Blue
Give this newborn child a contract, already
- Critic's Rating B
- Readers' Rating n/a
Jay-Z made a song just for you, baby.
He and wife Beyonce welcomed their first child into the world this weekend, in case the story hasn't gotten around to breaking your Internet yet today. And thus, he has deemed his new daughter Blue Ivy Carter "the most beautiful girl in the world" in a rap track posted to his lifestyle website Life And Times.
"Glory" has the veteran rapper all misty-eyed, admitting some of his own failings, and the failings of his father. But between the sentimental beat and the amended text on the post ("Life just got REALLY good."), it's all gushy baby-love.
"Baby I'll paint the sky Blue / my greatest creation was you," he touts, calling it early that Blue Ivy will be "a younger smarter faster me." Hov also injects some unexpected, highly personal info into his rhymes: "Last time the miscarriage was so tragic/We was afraid you'd disappear/But nah baby you magic."
There's also the recorded sound of a baby crying, leaving the open-ended question: this be Blue's first recorded track? Got to get an early start...
The birth of the most famous and talented baby in the world is only the start to what could be a busy year for Jay-Z. There's talk of a follow-up to "Blueprint 3" dropping in 2012, and the "Watch the Throne" tour just ended with the prospect of more to be done with partner Kanye West. Beyonce, on the other hand, will likely be taking some down time, after a year promoting "4" and "Live at Roseland" and, well, bearing a child.
News From Our Partners
- Total Recall: Star Trek Movies Parental Guidance: Star Trek Into Darkness In Pictures: The Stars of Star Trek Into Darkness
- 'Supernatural' Season Finale Review: "Sacrifice" 'Arrow' Season Finale Review: "Sacrifice" 'Modern Family' Review: "Games People Play"
- Interview: Noah Baumbach on how Frances Ha helped him see New York City with new eyes Random Roles: James Urbaniak on Venture Bros.’ return and Hal Hartley’s Lord Of The Rings Watch This: The second half of Twilight Zone: The Movie more than makes up for the first
- Laura Prudom: The Ultimate Sacrifice You Won't Believe What He Stole From George W. Bush It's Getting Ugly
- 'Angry Birds' Film Dive-Bombing Into Theaters In 2016 'Fast & Furious 6' Blasts Forward With Exclusive Clip: Watch Now! 'Riddick' Trailer: Watch Vin Diesel Fight For Survival
- What to Watch Tonight: The Office's Big Farewell and the Season Finales of TVD, Elementary, and Five More Arrow Season 1 Finale Review: The Tragedies of Men Grimm "The Waking Dead" Review: Dead On Arrival
- 'American Idol' Recap: Top 2 Perform Shakira Leaving 'The Voice' Next Season Source Claims Kanye West + Kim Kardashian Will Most Likely Break Up Before the Baby Is Born
- 'Riddick' Trailer: Vin Diesel Is Back and Playing for Blood 'Rio 2' Teaser Trailer Has Landed: Let's Dance! Cannes 2013: Celebs Invade Opening Ceremony (PHOTOS)
Singer reveals abusive relationship and 'bittersweet' feelings toward BeyonceWednesday, May 15, 2013
Watch the video to her cover of Eddie Vedder's 'Without You'Tuesday, May 14, 2013
Go ahead and sample a third of the album, including 'I Appear Missing'Tuesday, May 14, 2013
Choirs, harpisocord, the Eternal and -- or course -- glorious pop musicMonday, May 13, 2013