Exclusive: Will Taylor Swift be on the next Owl City record?
Interview: Adam Young discusses Sky Sailing project and his dream collaborators
In an interview with HitFix, Young said he has a track in mind for the county-pop superstar to sing on.
"I have talked to her. She's so busy, but she said if there’s time, she said it’d be lot of fun," Young explains. "There’s this weird hybrid country song I'm working on. There's no title 'cause I haven't made any lyrics yet. But that would be the one."
The pairing isn't firm, though Owl City's management said there's definitely "talking among themselves" for a collaboration. A rep for Swift said the singer is on the road and unavailable for comment.
On its face, the idea wasn't inconceivable to begin with. Swift has been known to Tweet to her pal, and even showed up in the VIP section of his show in New York last year. And Young has said that her "Love Story" is the best love song he's known (and, no, the two have never dated).
Young also has John Mayer on his collaborator wish-list for the follow-up to his 2009 debut "Ocean Eyes," a possibility he hopes to present to the veteran songwriter as they tour together this fall. Coincidentally, Swift and Mayer are close friends as well.
But writing a new album and prepping for that cross-country stint isn't all that's on Adam Young's plate at the moment. There's another release and another high-profile tour to attend to.
Young just released a new set "An Airplane Carried Me to Bed" under the moniker Sky Sailing on Tuesday (July 13). It's a collection of songs written before Young's Owl City project, with emphasis on acoustic instruments rather than synthesizers and keyboards. It's still undeniably Young's voice, but he wanted his two releases to be heard as totally separate projects.
Timing has also allowed Owl City to serve as tour support for Maroon 5 (along with V.V. Brown) in August. He says he's going to perform Owl City material, rather than Sky Sailing songs, throughout the fall.
"I think it's best to stick to what [fans] might know," he says.
- Check out everything there is including photos, reviews, videos.
Young says a new Owl City album can be expected late this year or early next.
Here are Owl City's tour dates with Maroon 5 and John Mayer:
News From Our Partners
- 'Da Vinci's Demons' Review: "The Devil" 'Assassin's Creed' Movie Slated For Memorial Day 2015 Amazon Picks Up John Goodman's 'Alpha House,' Computer Comedy 'Betas'
- Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO) Why 'Man of Steel' Didn't Use 'Superman' in the Title
- Pop Bytes: Michael Jackson's Nephew Negates Wade Robson's Molestation Claims + More Watch Macklemore, Kendrick Lamar, Ellie Goulding + More on Hangout Festival Livestream Dumb Celebrity Quotes – Who Said This?
- The Future Of Olivia And Fitz, And More Season 3 Scoop SPOILER ALERT: What's Ahead In 'Nikita' Season 4? Google Glass Does Porn
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office? 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Secret Behind The Mystery Villain 'Pacific Rim' Trailer Surfaces: Watch Now!
- Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Two: Iranian director Asghar Farhadi chases A Separation with another stunning drama
- Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition
R&B singer ain't nothin' to relate toFriday, May 17, 2013
In case you were wondering, he's talking about 'straight sex'Thursday, May 16, 2013
Singer reveals abusive relationship and 'bittersweet' feelings toward BeyonceWednesday, May 15, 2013
Watch the video to her cover of Eddie Vedder's 'Without You'Tuesday, May 14, 2013