Watch: 'Mad Men's' Jon Hamm takes on 'The Town'
Who knew that Don Draper was such a fan?
One of the more respected commercial films screened at this week's Toronto Film Festival is Ben Affleck's "The Town." While most admit it's not as artistically ambitious as Affleck's previous effort, "Gone Baby Gone," but it features an impressive ensemble cast who get to showcase many of their charismatic talents. Joining Affleck in the film are Rebecca Hall, Jeremy Renner, an almost unrecognizable Blake Lively and none other than Don Draper himself, Jon Hamm.
Now, it's almost sacrilegious to say so on HitFix, but I've probably only watched one or two episodes of "Mad Men" so far. Unfortunately, the life of a movie journalist often limits what you can find the time to catch on the small screen and I purposely didn't even get a DVR until less than a year ago. Excuses aside, I had hoped to ask Hamm something about "Men" for our readers, but as soon as I was introduced (before the cameras began to tape), Hamm asked, "HitFix? That's Alan Sepinwall's site. I read that." And, after a quiet "Yes!" went through my heart, well, that's when the camera started rolling…
As for the big screen, Hamm has a great presence in "The Town" and you hope he'll find more time for bigger roles during his downtime from playing America's favorite advertising executive. In fact, we'd bet on it.
"The Town" opens nationwide on Friday.
News From Our Partners
- 'Pacific Rim' Trailer Surfaces: Watch Now! 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Reviews Are In! Emma Watson In 'The Bling Ring': The Early Reviews Are In!
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day One: Sofia Coppola offers the first misfire of the festival Hear This: A song with a long title succinctly encapsulates ’90s power-pop Watch This: Laura Palmer lives—however briefly—in Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me
- Ilana Rapp: Actor Richard Harmon From Bates Motel and Continuum Talks about SpongeBob Squarepants and Yoga 'The Last Classic TV Comedy'? 'Biggest Loser' Host: 'I've Never Seen Jillian Eat A Cupcake'
- 'Zombieland' TV Series: Amazon Passes on the Pilot 'How I Met Your Mother' Final Season Spoilers: Producers Explain Time-Turning Format Change 'The Hangover Part 3′ Red-Band NSFW Trailer: It's Time to End the Trilogy
- The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When The Telefile - TNT & TBS Upfront 2013: Reaping What Other Networks Sowed
- What to Watch Tonight: The Office's Big Farewell and the Season Finales of TVD, Elementary, and Five More Supernatural Season 8 Finale Review: It's Raining Angels Watch an Extended Trailer for CBS's Under the Dome (VIDEO)
- Listen to Selena Gomez's 'Come & Get It' Remixes Katy Perry vs. Rita Ora vs. Beyonce vs. Kesha vs. Demi Lovato – Who Wore It Best? Chris Brown Launches New 'Channel' Website, Gets More Personal Than Ever
- 'Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon II': The Oscar-Winning Movie is Getting a Sequel 'The Bling Ring' Cannes Premiere: Emma Watson Steals the Show (PHOTOS) Why Brad Bird Turned Down 'Star Wars: Episode VII'; Talks 'Incredibles' Sequel
Francois Ozon's latest isn't as titillating as it wants to beThursday, May 16, 2013
Look who finally made it to the CroisetteWednesday, May 15, 2013
The Weinstein Company steers the drama away from Oscar seasonSaturday, May 11, 2013
Where's Mimi?Wednesday, May 8, 2013