Rachel Evan Wood and Chris Evans tease Frank Miller's new 'Guilty' spot
Don't hate them because they are beautiful, hate them for the lack of creativity
Don't hate Chris Evans and Rachel Evan Wood because they are beautiful. They can't help it. It's a combination of good genes, working out and Southern California stylists who have made their bodies what they are today. You can, however, wonder when the director of their latest commercial, Frank Miller, is going to evolve his cinematic style.
The trio with ties to "Captain America: The First Avenger," "True Blood" and "Sin City" have teamed up for a new extended commercial for the new Gucci fragrance Gucci Guilty. The company released a teaser spot for the longer trailer which will play during next months' MTV Video Music Awards. Obviously a nice paycheck for those involved, the spot is disappointing just for the fact it finds the legendary comic book artist and writer doing the same shtick that was fresh in "Sin City," but felt disastrously tired in "The Spirit." The spin here? A white sports car with its wheels on fire as it slides through a futuristic city. We'll give Miller this, however, at least he conceived of the imagery in the daytime this time around.
On the other hand, we're also hoping Gucci puts some dough in the budget to fix that one close up composite shot of Wood that looks very, very rough. And, on a positive note, we're not adverse to the seductive track by Friendly Fires that accompanies the imagery.
Check out the spot below and share your feelings about Miller's latest endeavor.
For the latest entertainment commentary and breaking news year round, follow Gregory Ellwood on Twitter @HitFixGregory .
News From Our Partners
- Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Two: Iranian director Asghar Farhadi chases A Separation with another stunning drama
- The Future Of Olivia And Fitz, And More Season 3 Scoop SPOILER ALERT: What's Ahead In 'Nikita' Season 4? Google Glass Does Porn
- How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office? 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Secret Behind The Mystery Villain 'Pacific Rim' Trailer Surfaces: Watch Now!
- What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy The Office Series Finale Review: That'll Do, Show. That'll Do. Syfy Renews Warehouse 13 for a Fifth and Final Season
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- Pop Bytes: Michael Jackson's Nephew Negates Wade Robson's Molestation Claims + More Watch Macklemore, Kendrick Lamar, Ellie Goulding + More on Hangout Festival Livestream Dumb Celebrity Quotes – Who Said This?
- 'Da Vinci's Demons' Review: "The Devil" 'Assassin's Creed' Movie Slated For Memorial Day 2015 Amazon Picks Up John Goodman's 'Alpha House,' Computer Comedy 'Betas'
- Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO) Why 'Man of Steel' Didn't Use 'Superman' in the Title
Harvey holds court with Nicole Kidman and Rooney MaraFriday, May 17, 2013
Francois Ozon's latest isn't as titillating as it wants to beThursday, May 16, 2013
Look who finally made it to the CroisetteWednesday, May 15, 2013
The Weinstein Company steers the drama away from Oscar seasonSaturday, May 11, 2013