'Twilight' goes to the Oscars as Taylor Lautner and Kristen Stewart confirmed to present
Plus: Miley Cyrus and Zac Efron will be on hand for more tween love
As revealed here way back in early January, Taylor Lautner will be presenting at this year's 82nd Academy Awards. However, not only will the "Twilight" star be appearing at the Kodak Thater, but his co-star Kristen Stewart will be on hand as well. The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences announced that Lautner, Stewart, Zac Efron and Miley Cyrus would all be part of the March 7 event today
This isn't surprising as co-produce Adam Shankman has made it a priority to get younger "stars" to appear on the show and "New Moon" was one of 2009's biggest blockbusters. Last year, Robert Pattinson made his Oscar debut as a presenter. It is unclear if he will return for a second go around. Lautner and Stewart will be joining Anna Kendrick, who is nominated for Best Supporting Actress for her role in "Up in the Air" in representing the popular "Twilight" franchise.
Both Cyrus and Efron, however, have previously appeared on the Academy Awards. Efron participated in a musical number with last year's host Hugh Jackman and Beyonce a year ago. Cyrus was also on hand for the 81st edition of the show.
While Lautner only has "The Twilight Saga: Eclipse" in the can, the Oscar appearance is a huge opportunity for Stewart to promote her upcoming drama "The Runaways" opening only a few weeks after the show on March 19. Efron is an old friend of Shankman's having appeared in the director's musical "Hairspray" and in "17 Again" which he produced. Cyrus was overlooked in the Best Original Song category for her contributions to "Hannah Montana: The Movie," but she also has her first non-"Hannah" role on deck in "The Last Song" on March 31.
While last year's show tried to keep as many of the presenters secret, it's unclear if this year's edition will announce all of the attendees beforehand. Alec Baldwin and Steve Martin will co-host Hollywood's biggest night on Sunday, March 7. The Academy Awards will be broadcast live on ABC beginning at 8 PM ET/5 PM PT. As always, look for continuing coverage on HitFix and Awards Campaign.
For the latest in breaking entertainment news and commentary follow @HitFixGregory on Twitter.
News From Our Partners
- 'Zombieland' TV Series: Amazon Passes on the Pilot 'How I Met Your Mother' Final Season Spoilers: Producers Explain Time-Turning Format Change 'The Hangover Part 3′ Red-Band NSFW Trailer: It's Time to End the Trilogy
- 'Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon II': The Oscar-Winning Movie is Getting a Sequel 'The Bling Ring' Cannes Premiere: Emma Watson Steals the Show (PHOTOS) Why Brad Bird Turned Down 'Star Wars: Episode VII'; Talks 'Incredibles' Sequel
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day One: Sofia Coppola offers the first misfire of the festival Hear This: A song with a long title succinctly encapsulates ’90s power-pop Watch This: Laura Palmer lives—however briefly—in Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me
- The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When The Telefile - TNT & TBS Upfront 2013: Reaping What Other Networks Sowed
- What to Watch Tonight: The Office's Big Farewell and the Season Finales of TVD, Elementary, and Five More Supernatural Season 8 Finale Review: It's Raining Angels Watch an Extended Trailer for CBS's Under the Dome (VIDEO)
- Ilana Rapp: Actor Richard Harmon From Bates Motel and Continuum Talks about SpongeBob Squarepants and Yoga 'The Last Classic TV Comedy'? 'Biggest Loser' Host: 'I've Never Seen Jillian Eat A Cupcake'
- Listen to Selena Gomez's 'Come & Get It' Remixes Katy Perry vs. Rita Ora vs. Beyonce vs. Kesha vs. Demi Lovato – Who Wore It Best? Chris Brown Launches New 'Channel' Website, Gets More Personal Than Ever
- Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition Video Interviews with Katie Aselton & Lake Bell of Black Rock
Francois Ozon's latest isn't as titillating as it wants to beThursday, May 16, 2013
Look who finally made it to the CroisetteWednesday, May 15, 2013
The Weinstein Company steers the drama away from Oscar seasonSaturday, May 11, 2013
Where's Mimi?Wednesday, May 8, 2013