'SNL' takes on 'War Horse' and misses out
1. This skit is based on the play and not Steven Spielberg's Oscar contending epic.
2. The horse in the movie is really played by a horse (don't you worry about that).
3. Kenan Thompson and a puppet make a better Albert than Andy Samberg does.
4. The horse really doesn't speak in either the play or the movie. (Perhaps a golden opportunity was missed there?)
5. Huge opportunity missed here to joke aboutthe obvious, but still hilarious line of "Boy, that Albert really loves that horse doesn't he?" which has been heard after every performance of both the London and Broadway productions by at least half the exiting audience.
6. We wish the line, "You're not just a War Horse Joey, you're a friend horse" was actually in the movie.
7. HitFix contributor Ryan McGee thinks this the skit meant as an in-joke regarding regional theater, but if it is I'm not sure who will get the in joke.
8. Not convinced this is the sort of publicity DreamWorks was looking for regarding their movie.
What did you think of the skit?
Oh, and the movie "War Horse" opens on Christmas day.
2008 | Thriller | NRSummary: A radio DJ at the end of his rope listens as society crumbles outside his studio thanks to a virus-like outbreak in this surprising and unusual thriller.Director: Bruce McDonald
Cast: Stephen McHattie, Lisa Houle, Georgina Reilly
1996 | Family | GSummary: Disney Animation rings a bell with this adaptation of the classic tale of Quasimodo, the gentle but misshapen bellman of Notre Dame, who finds friendship with Esmerelda and a place for himself in Paris.Director: Gary Trousdale, Kirk Wise
Cast: Demi Moore, Jason Alexander, Tom Hulce
2004 | Western | TV-MASummary: Profane, violent, and often hilarious, this is the story of the old west as you've never seen it, with Timothy Olyphant (Justified) and Ian McShane (Sexy Beast) as opposing forces in a growing outpost town.Director: David Milch (creator)
Cast: Timothy Olyphant, Ian McShane, Molly Parker
1992 | Drama | RSummary: A gun leads to a robbery, which leads to terrible consequences in this tightly-scripted and smartly cast Harlem-set story featuring Omar Epps and Tupac Shakur.Director: Ernest R. Dickerson
Cast: Omar Epps, Tupac Shakur, Jermaine 'Huggy' Hopkins
2010 | Drama | TV-MASummary: Timothy Olyphant is spectacular as a US Maarshall transferred back to his Kentucky home town in this excellent modern western.Director: Graham Yost (creator)
Cast: Timothy Olyphant, Nick Searcy, Joelle Carter, Walton Goggins
2000 | Adventure | PG-13Summary: Two warriors in pursuit of a stolen sword and a notorious fugitive are led to an impetuous, physically-skilled, teenage nobleman's daughter, who is at a crossroads in her life.Director: Ang Lee
Cast: Michelle Yeoh, Zhang Ziyi, Chang Chen, Sihung Lung
1988 | Comedy | PGSummary: A light comic joust breaks out between con men played by Steve Martin and Michael Caine when they each set their sights on a wealthy heiress.Director: Frank Oz
Cast: Steve Martin, Michael Caine, Glenne Headly
1940 | Comedy | NRSummary: Nearly perfect screwball comedy featuring a woman (Rosalind Russell) caught between her ruthless ex-husband (Cary Grant) and her dull insurance agent fiance (Ralph Bellamy).Director: Howard Hawks
Cast: Cary Grant, Rosalind Russell, Ralph Bellamy
1999 | Animation | GSummary: Tarzan was a small orphan who was raised by an ape named Kala since he was a child. He believed that this was his family, but on an expedition Jane Porter is rescued by Tarzan. He then finds out that he's human. Now Tarzan must make the decision as to which family he should belong to...Director: Chris Buck, Kevin Lima
Cast: Tony Goldwyn, Glenn Close, Minnie Driver, Brian Blessed
Let Streaming Genie help you.