'SNL' takes on 'War Horse' and misses out
Perhaps they should have waited to see the movie?
1. This skit is based on the play and not Steven Spielberg's Oscar contending epic.
2. The horse in the movie is really played by a horse (don't you worry about that).
3. Kenan Thompson and a puppet make a better Albert than Andy Samberg does.
4. The horse really doesn't speak in either the play or the movie. (Perhaps a golden opportunity was missed there?)
5. Huge opportunity missed here to joke aboutthe obvious, but still hilarious line of "Boy, that Albert really loves that horse doesn't he?" which has been heard after every performance of both the London and Broadway productions by at least half the exiting audience.
6. We wish the line, "You're not just a War Horse Joey, you're a friend horse" was actually in the movie.
7. HitFix contributor Ryan McGee thinks this the skit meant as an in-joke regarding regional theater, but if it is I'm not sure who will get the in joke.
8. Not convinced this is the sort of publicity DreamWorks was looking for regarding their movie.
What did you think of the skit?
Oh, and the movie "War Horse" opens on Christmas day.
News From Our Partners
- The 'Doctors' Unite 'We Are Men' In 4 Words MTV Legend Recalls Heavy Metal Frontman's Anti-Gay T-Shirt Controversy
- What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy The Office Series Finale Review: That'll Do, Show. That'll Do. Syfy Renews Warehouse 13 for a Fifth and Final Season
- Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition
- Kendall Schmidt of Big Time Rush Loses $7,000 Worth of Gifts for Fans [Video] Kanye West to Drop New Album 'Yeezus' on June 18 Justin Bieber + Selena Gomez Will Sit Together at 2013 Billboard Music Awards
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Three: Cheers for the young stars of The Selfish Giant, jeers for the new films by Hirokazu Kore-eda and Arnaud Desplechin Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures
- The Wrap Up: Remember 'The Office' With the Ultimate Blooper Reel The Sims 3: Island Paradise's Producer Walkthrough Shows Us the Finer Points of Tropical Life 'Man of Steel' Featurette: Reinventing Superman
- Fiery 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Scene Hurt The Most: Ouch! How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office? 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Secret Behind The Mystery Villain
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
Love and radiation in a nuclear worldSaturday, May 18, 2013
Harvey holds court with Nicole Kidman and Rooney MaraFriday, May 17, 2013
Francois Ozon's latest isn't as titillating as it wants to beThursday, May 16, 2013
Look who finally made it to the CroisetteWednesday, May 15, 2013