Oscar Watch: James Franco embraces life in a new teaser for '127 Hours'
Plus: David Lynch sets up at the 2010 AFI Fest and provides a poster
Danny Boyle's "127 Hours" starring James Franco is quickly becoming one of the more anticipated films of the fall season. The true story of Aron Ralston, the film is a challenging follow up to "Slumdog Millionaire" for Boyle as a good chunk of Franco's screentime is spent stuck in a desert canyon. One of the most visual inventive filmmakers of his era, Boyle has provided some quick and energetic answers to that quandary in a brand new teaser for the film you can watch embedded here.
"127 Hours" will screen at both the Toronto International Film Festival and the London Film Festival before opening in the U.S> on Nov. 5. Very intriguing indeed.
In other news, the no-so dead AFI Fest is returning to bring a touch of class to the awards scene in November and has announced that David Lynch will be the film festival's guest artistic director. Lynch also designed this year's imaginative official image (see below) and in a release noted, "“I said yes to being the Guest Artistic Director of AFI FEST 2010 because I love the AFI. AFI can do for others what it did for me. AFI gave me an opportunity and money to make a short film, 'The Grandmother,' and my first feature film, 'Eraserhead.' AFI put me on the map.”
AFI runs from Nov. 4-11 and will again find its home at the convergence of Grauman's Chinese Theater, the Mann Chinese 6 and the Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel. Unfortunately, the festival is continuing last year's policy of allowing free tickets to the public. This lead to slew of patrons much more interested in celebrity watching than what was on screen. Good times.
News From Our Partners
- What to Watch This Weekend: Orphan Black, Behind the Candelabra, and Arrested Development's Netflix Debut Do These Four New Arrested Development Clips Get You Excited for the Show's Return? (VIDEO) Arrested Development Q&A: Alia Shawkat on Maeby, the Return of the Show, and the Canonization of Mitch Hurwitz
- Weekly Ketchup: Fox and Marvel Both Courting Quicksilver for Comic Blockbusters Critics Consensus: Fast & Furious 6 is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Photos with Vin Diesel, Michelle Rodriguez, Gina Carano and More
- Will Smith Raps 'Fresh Prince' Theme with Jaden, Dances "Carlton" and "Apache" with Alfonso Ribiero 'Sons of Anarchy' Season 6: Kurt Sutter to Launch 'Talking Dead'-Style Companion Piece? The CW's 'Cult' Returns from Cancellation June 28
- What Netflix Really Wants Out Of 'Arrested Development' What To Watch This Memorial Day Weekend Is The New 'Bachelorette' Engaged?
- Baz Luhrmann Passed on Directing 'Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone' Someone Just Paid $1.5 Million to Sit Next to Leonardo DiCaprio in Space Tim Curry Is Fine After Suffering a Massive Stroke: Report
- Would You Rather… Hang Backstage with One Direction or the Jonas Brothers? Watch Kesha Perform 'Machine Gun Love' Live See Pictures of Your Favorite Celebrity Couples Now + Then
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Does Someone Have to Go?: Work Sucks.... If You Are On This Show The Telefile - Save Me: Lightning Strikes NBC
- 'Fast & Furious 6': The Reviews Are In! 'Return Of The Jedi' Turns 30: Secrets Of Ewok Language Revealed! 'Fast & Furious 6' Expected To Lap 'Hangover III' At Box Office
Working on already infamous 'Gun' is 'so much fun'Wednesday, May 22, 2013
But will you care at the end?Wednesday, May 22, 2013
J.T. on a 'mission to be continually inspired'Tuesday, May 21, 2013
T Bone Burnett spills the beans...a bit earlyMonday, May 20, 2013