Natalie Portman and Jake Gyllenhaal among first announced Golden Globes presenters
Clive Owen, Nicole Kidman and Melissa McCarthy will also be hitting the stage
Natalie Portman, Jake Gyllenhaal, Helen Mirren, Clive Owen, Nicole Kidman, Salma Hayek, Antonio Banderas, Melissa McCarthy and Freida Pinto have all been announced as presenters at the 69th Annual Golden Globe Awards, which is scheduled to air this coming Sunday on NBC.
The group was announced via the official Twitter account of the Hollywood Foreign Press Association (HFPA), the organization that chooses the winners and nominees at each year's ceremony.
Portman, of course, won the award for Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture - Drama at last year's show for her performance in Darren Aronofsky's "Black Swan", which also netted her an Oscar. Gyllenhaal and Kidman were also nominated last year, for their performances in "Love and Other Drugs" and "Rabbit Hole", respectively.
Mirren has been nominated for a total of ten Golden Globes over the course of her career, with her biggest coup coming in 2007, when she took home the statues for both "The Queen" (Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture - Drama) and "Elizabeth I" (Best Performance by an Actress in a Miniseries or a Motion Picture Made for Television). Owen won for Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role in a Motion Picture in 2005, for his performance in "Closer".
Among the other presenters, Hayek was nominated in 2003 for her title performace in "Frida", while Banderas has been nominated three different times, most recently for his performance in the 2003 made-for-TV movie "And Starring Pancho Villa As Himself".
Neither McCarthy nor Pinto have ever been nominated for a Golden Globe, though the HFPA's snub of the former this year was considered especially galling considering the Oscar buzz she's been receiving for her winning turn in last year's "Bridesmaids" - not to mention the fact that she won the Best Actress Emmy for "Mike & Molly" back in September. Perhaps giving her a presenter slot is the HFPA's version of a consolation prize?
Stay tuned for further presenter updates as they're announced...
News From Our Partners
- Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Two: Iranian director Asghar Farhadi chases A Separation with another stunning drama
- Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition Video Interviews with Katie Aselton & Lake Bell of Black Rock
- What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy Syfy Renews Warehouse 13 for a Fifth and Final Season What to Watch Tonight: The Office's Big Farewell and the Season Finales of TVD, Elementary, and Five More
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- YESSSSSSS... Who Won 'American Idol' 2013? The Ultimate Office Blooper Reel
- How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office? 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Secret Behind The Mystery Villain 'Pacific Rim' Trailer Surfaces: Watch Now!
- Demi Lovato vs. Perrie Edwards – PopCrush Prom Queen of 2013, Round 3 Justin Bieber vs. Austin Mahone – PopCrush Prom King of 2013, Round 3 Demi Lovato Sings Selena Gomez's Praises [Video]
- 'Frances Ha' Review 'Star Wars: Episode 7′ — The Real Reason J.J. Abrams Left 'Star Trek' Sega Game Gear Classics Headed to Nintendo 3DS Virtual Console
Francois Ozon's latest isn't as titillating as it wants to beThursday, May 16, 2013
Look who finally made it to the CroisetteWednesday, May 15, 2013
The Weinstein Company steers the drama away from Oscar seasonSaturday, May 11, 2013
Where's Mimi?Wednesday, May 8, 2013