More Stars get rejected by Oscar, ready to shill at Globes
Diaz, Lange, Eckhart and Rock set to appear
So, before the holidays I had some fun conjecturing what went through the stars minds when their publicists told, er, I mean offered them the plum gig of presenting at this year’s 66th Annual Golden Globes.
Now, even more big names are planning on hawking their wares on television's second most watched Awards show (at least it was before last year's strike threw the business out of wack). Let’s take a peek into those dark scary brains shall we?
Reasoning: “Awww, you HFPA peeps are so cute. What’s that perfume you’re wearing gain? Oh, it’s not too strong at all. I love it. I mean, it’s so captivating I can smell it all the way in the other room. ”
Reasoning: “My, I haven’t won a Globe in over 10 years! But ‘Grey Gardens’ will be on HBO soon and there’s always next year, right? I mean, how many more has Meryl won than me? No, I meant before this year.”
Reasoning: “’Kill the Messenger’ on DVD Jan. 20 bitches.”
Reasoning: “It’s for Heath right? I mean, this is what Heath would have wanted right?”
Reasoning: “[Sigh]. No, you don’t have to remind me about the contract. Yes, I understand it requires me to promote the show. Numerous times. But, let me tell you this. You make it damn clear I want more Emmy consideration ads for this [expletive].”
Reasoning: “Wait, I have to wear the same pair of pants as three other presenters? Eww. Don’t they get we never wore the real same pair of pants in the movie? That joke is like two-years-old. Oh. It was either that or make out with Chace? No, you’re right his mouth has been everywhere. Let’s do the pants bit.”
Aren't you glad we took a peek? Enlightening, no?
And yes, even more big names that got turned down for the Academy Awards (cause trust me, unless you get nominated for a Globe, you aren’t touching that Beverly Hilton stage until Oscar says “no”) are on the way.
News From Our Partners
- What to Watch Tonight: SYTYCD, Awkward., and the Finales of Grimm, The Game, and DWTS The Big C Series Finale Review: And They Lived Happily Ever After Warehouse 13 "The Sky's the Limit" Review: Up Up and Away
- Microsoft Announces Foza Motorsport 5 as an Xbox One Launch Title '24: Live Another Day': Will Mary Lynn Rajskub's Chloe Return? Xbox One's Xbox Live Services Will Get a Boost
- The Telefile - TV on DVD: Tuesday, May 21, 2013 The Telefile - Veep: The Episode's Best Insults The Telefile - Saturday Night Live: Straight Outta 8H
- Meet The New 'X Factor' Judges 5 Women We're Excited to See On TV This Fall How 'Vikings' Leading Man Travis Fimmel Nearly Got Away...
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Six: Michael Douglas plays Liberace in Steven Soderbergh’s swan song, Behind The Candelabra Comics Panel: New releases include an alternative detective story and a new collection examining the collective urban subconscious Permanent Records: The Breeders’ Last Splash is a rallying cry for the weirdos and stereotype-flouters
- Daft Punk, 'Random Access Memories' – Album Review Adam Levine Inviting Shakira Over for Sweaty Bikram Yoga Sessions, Sparks Rumors Chris Brown, Demi Lovato + More React to Oklahoma Tornado Tragedy
- Seth MacFarlane's Next Film: 'Every Line Is Hilarious,' Amanda Seyfried Swears 'The Wolverine' Trailer: Five Questions It Answered 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Takes Box-Office Crown With $84 Million
- Ranking the Blockbusters with Summer Movie Scorecard 2013 RT on DVD & Blu-Ray: The Last Stand and Side Effects Box Office Guru Wrapup: Star Trek Softer Than Expected at #1
J.T. on a 'mission to be continually inspired'Tuesday, May 21, 2013
T Bone Burnett spills the beans...a bit earlyMonday, May 20, 2013
Is it possible to make these kids sympathetic?Monday, May 20, 2013
Where was Peeta?Sunday, May 19, 2013