Is Hugh Jackman's presenting or reuniting with Anne Hathaway for Oscar?
81st Academy Awards host's appearance is just a little too convenient
One of the more memorable moments of the breathtaking 81st Academy Awards was when first time host Hugh Jackman pulled nominee Anne Hathaway out of the audience and the two engaged in a quick, but well choreographed moment in that show's opening number. In fact, it's clear that sequence was one reason Hathaway was asked to co-host this year along with James Franco. Today, the Academy announced that Jackman would return to present at this year's Oscar shindig.
- Check out everything there is including photos, reviews, videos.
Now, considering Jackman turned down a chance to host last year (and possibly this year), it seems a little too convenient that the "Wolverine" star would throw on a tux just to throw out the winner for best original score or cinematography. Our guess? Jackman returns the favor Hathaway did for him by having a minor musical interlude during this year's telecast. That's just too easy isn't it?
We'll find out on Sunday, Feb. 27 when the 83rd Academy Awards are handed out.
For a walk down memory lane, check out Jackman's memorable opening number with Hathaway here.
News From Our Partners
- Hear This: With “Deceptacon,” Le Tigre captured the sound of youth in a song Watch This: Walter Hill’s The Driver is all about work done well Scenic Routes: A quiet scene from The Matrix demonstrates how to make exposition compelling
- The Telefile - Veep: The Episode's Best Insults The Telefile - Saturday Night Live: Straight Outta 8H The Telefile - Game of Thrones: Our Weekly Westeros Scorecard
- FX's 'The Strain' Taps 'Alias' Mia Maestro as Female Lead FX's 'Tyrant': Ang Lee Drops out of Directing the Pilot, Cites 'Life of Pi' Exhaustion NBC's 'Siberia': New Reality-Skewing Drama Ordered for Summer
- Ultra Music Festival Dates Announced, Tickets Go on Sale May 21 Girls' Generation's Jessica Poses With Purses in Vogue Girl [Pics] Austin Mahone vs. Jonas Brothers – Pop Clash
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Takes Box-Office Crown With $84 Million 'Arrested Development' Gang: Where Are They Now? 'Star Trek Into Darkness': What's Next For J.J. Abrams And The Cast?
- What to Watch Tonight: The Season Finales of Rectify and Hawaii Five-0 and the Series Premieres of The Goodwin Games and Motive Mad Men "The Crash" Review: Uppers Give You Wings! News Briefs: CBS Is Pulling Mike & Molly's Season Finale Due to a Tornado Storyline
- William Bradley: Mad Men: 'Chevy Is Spelled Wrong!' PHOTOS: The Bluth Banana Stand Is Here! WATCH: Elisabeth Moss Was Nervous About Peggy's Future
- 'Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters': Jeremy Renner Never Read the Script Before Signing On 'Angry Birds' Movie Flies Forward Jennifer Lawrence as Mystique: First Look at the Actress in 'X-Men: Days of Future Past'
T Bone Burnett spills the beans...a bit earlyMonday, May 20, 2013
Is it possible to make these kids sympathetic?Monday, May 20, 2013
Where was Peeta?Sunday, May 19, 2013
Love and radiation in a nuclear worldSaturday, May 18, 2013