Golden Globe contender Emily Blunt on 'Young Victoria' and 'The Wolfman'
Brit says Del Toro is 'terrifying' as a werewolf
To say Emily Blunt is a favorite of the Hollywood Foreign Press is a bit of an understatement. The 26-year-old Brit was a surprise Best Supporting Actress nominee for her breakout role in "The Devil Wears Prada" (Oscar didn't agree) and won a statue the same year for her supporting Television performance in "Gideon's Daughter." Therefore, there was little surprise among the industry when Blunt was nominated this year for playing Britain's longest reigning monarch in "Queen Victoria."
The period drama received stronger reviews stateside than it did overseas and has done well since opening in limited release a few weeks ago. Blunt sat down and talked to Awards Campaign about the responsibility of playing Queen Victoria and whether she'd return to depict another era of Victoria's dramatic 63 year reign. More intriguing, and you can see her slight smile when discussing it, Blunt gives some tidbits on the growing buzz over her long in production remake of "The Wolfman" alongside Benecio Del Toro and Anthony Hopkins.
You can check out the interview embedded in this story our watch a larger version here.
"The Young Victoria" is now playing in select cities and is expected to expand nationwide later this month.
As the season heats up, look for breaking awards season news and commentary daily on Awards Campaign. For the latest, follow @HitFixGregory on Twitter.
News From Our Partners
- Less Jaywalking, More Web-friendly Clips: Dos and Don'ts for Seth Meyers' Late Night Career What to Watch Tonight: The Season Premiere of Rookie Blue and the Series Premieres of Save Me, Showville, and Does Someone Have to Go? Nashville Season Finale Review: Funerals, Proposals, Car Accidents, Oh My?
- 'Hangover III': The Reviews Are In! Jennifer Aniston Breaks Bad, Strips Down In 'We're The Millers' Trailer 'Star Wars' Fans Still Love To Hate Ewoks 30 Years Later
- The Telefile - Save Me: Lightning Strikes NBC The Telefile - Modern Family: Goodnight, Gracie. Hello, Series Highlight. The Telefile - Critics' Choice Television Awards 2013: Nominees Announced
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Eight: Blue Is The Warmest Color captures a relationship’s rawness and beauty Hear This: Pantera’s “Walk” is the cry of aggrieved, disaffected youth Watch This: Vanishing Point caters to car nuts and existentialists alike
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Season 6 Adds 'The Shield's CCH Pounder As… David Boreanaz, Minka Kelly, Tom Felton and More Go 'Full Circle' for DirecTV Syfy's 'Helix': David Slade Directing 'Battlestar Galactica' Creator Ron Moore's New Series
- Quicksilver in 'X-Men: Days of Future Past': Evan Peters Cast as Magneto's Son 'Poltergeist' Reboot May Actually Be a Sequel Brad Pitt Shocks Fans at 'World War Z' Screening (VIDEO)
- The Saturdays Are Sexy Housewives Seeking a 'Gentleman' in New Video Enter for a Chance to See Emblem3 Live on 'Good Morning America!' Bruno Mars Rumored for 'American Idol' Judge Spot
- Is There Hope For Jaime & Brienne Shippers? PHOTOS: Inside Lucille Austero's New Apartment WATCH: Full-Length Trailers For 'The Millers,' 'Hostages' And 'Mom'
Working on already infamous 'Gun' is 'so much fun'Wednesday, May 22, 2013
But will you care at the end?Wednesday, May 22, 2013
J.T. on a 'mission to be continually inspired'Tuesday, May 21, 2013
T Bone Burnett spills the beans...a bit earlyMonday, May 20, 2013