'Glee' kids and Natalie Portman celebrate at Golden Globes bashes
Aron Ralston has a moment with the 'Black Swan' star
After the 68th Annual Golden Globes came to a merciful end Sunday night, the party really started with six different events on the Beverly Hilton complex. Every year, the hotel opens up at 9 PM for an influx of new attendees for the bashes including this black-tie wearing pundit. First off? The Weinstein Company/Relativity party which also doubled as a pseudo Paramount Pictures party (the studio is releasing "Fighter" for Relativity).
Both companies had something to celebrate with Relativity's two "Fighter" wins for Christian Bale and Melissa Leo and Weinstein escaping the night with best actor for Colin Firth. I didn't see Firth in the room, but the classy digs found "Blue Valentine's" Michelle Williams and Ryan Gosling, Harvey Weinstein (reportedly gearing up for a fight for Oscar), Nicole Kidman, Matt Damon, Robert Downey, Jr. and Milla Jovovich. Nice moment? Eva Longoria doting over Michael Douglas (who may have been the night's biggest winner).
Passing by the very loud HBO bash (ah, TV people), I headed across the Beverly Hilton complex to Fox Searchlight, FOX and FX's co-sponsored event. The company built a huge structure to celebrate their nominees and were rewarded with "Glee's" TV domination and Natalie Portman's "Black Swan" win. Portman was the belle of the ball on the movie side of the room and she'd changed into a more comfortable dress from her acceptance frock to celebrate. While I was there I ran into Aron Ralston, the subject of Danny Boyle's amazing "127 Hours," who I originally met when the picture debuted at the Telluride Film Festival in September. Ralston would have accepted the screenplay prize if it had won (Boyle was stuck working on a play in London). Decked out in a tuxedo, Ralston was having a blast and showed me a photo he'd taken with Portman and her fiance Benjamin Millepied. He also had quite a lot of fun reverse photobombing with some famous faces during the show (of course, I think he could have just asked to take their photo, but it was cute nonetheless). Hopefully, he gets a chance to do so again at the Oscars.
- Check out everything there is including photos, reviews, videos.
Overall it wasn't as star filled as last year, but with most of Hollywood off on Martin Luther King day, the drinks were flowing and the dance floor went past 1:00 AM. Tuesday? Back to set or the office, where awards campaigners are no doubt frantically trying to figure out if anyone can stop the "Social Network" train. But for one night? A time to let off some steam and celebrate.
For all the latest in Entertainment and Oscar follow Gregory Ellwood on twitter at @HitFixGregory.
News From Our Partners
- Weekend Movies: 'Star Trek Into Darkness,' 'Black Rock,' and More Bruce Willis Set for 'Expiration': Actor Will Play Hitman in Next Movie Emma Watson Says She is in No Rush 'To Be Seen as a Woman'
- State of Decay, TMNT Release Dates Leaked by Gamestop Watch 'The Hangover 3′ Stars Zach Galifianakis and Ken Jeong Perform Stand-Up Together in 1998 'Pacific Rim' Trailer: When Man and Machine Become One
- Total Recall: Star Trek Movies Parental Guidance: Star Trek Into Darkness In Pictures: The Stars of Star Trek Into Darkness
- What to Watch Tonight: The Office's Big Farewell and the Season Finales of TVD, Elementary, and Five More The CW's 2013-2014 Schedule: Supernatural Switches Nights Again, The Vampire Diaries Pairs With Reign Watch the Trailers for The CW's New Series, Including The 100, Star-Crossed, and Reign (VIDEO)
- One Direction Announce Where We Are Stadium Tour for 2014 Miley Cyrus Wants Everyone to Know She's Still Engaged by Posting This New Pic Most Anticipated Album Release for June 2013 – Readers Poll
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Reviews Are In! Emma Watson In 'The Bling Ring': The Early Reviews Are In! 'Star Trek' And Klingon: Learn The Language Of The Aliens!
- Hulu.com: Is The Office the Definitive TV Show of the '00s? Craziest 'Simpsons' Couch Gag Yet? Denied By PBS?
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day One: Sofia Coppola offers the first misfire of the festival Hear This: A song with a long title succinctly encapsulates ’90s power-pop Watch This: Laura Palmer lives—however briefly—in Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me
Look who finally made it to the CroisetteWednesday, May 15, 2013
The Weinstein Company steers the drama away from Oscar seasonSaturday, May 11, 2013
Where's Mimi?Wednesday, May 8, 2013
Plus: Tracy Morgan as...?Sunday, Apr 28, 2013