First Look: George Clooney and the poster for 'Up in the Air'
'Juno' director Jason Reitman's follow up ramps up for Toronto
One of the more intriguing last minute additions to the awards season calendar is Jason Reitman's "Up in the Air."
A dramedy based on a novel by Walter Kirn, "Air" centers on Ryan Bingham (George Clooney), a traveling corporate downsizing expert whose dream of reaching 10 million frequent flyer miles is threatened when a new woman (Vera Farminga) enters his life.
It was unclear whether the film would even release in 2009, but Reitman has worked quickly enough to ensure that and a debut at this year's Toronto Film Festival (although Telluride wouldn't be out of the question too). Reitman's family has a long history with the festival and its given a great kick off to his last two features, "Thank You For Smoking" and the Oscar-nominated "Juno."
Clooney has also been a staple at Toronto the last few years with "Michael Clayton"and "Burn After Reading" screening at the annual September fest. This time around he'll have both "Up in the Air" and "The Men Who Stare At Goats," directed by his good buddy Grant Heslov, in the mix.
Paramount Pictures released what can only be the teaser poster for "Up in the Air" today (see below) as well as the first official still of a stoic Clooney looking what can only be a terminal monitor for his next flight.
In any event, "Air" is one to keep an eye on.
News From Our Partners
- Seth MacFarlane's Next Film: 'Every Line Is Hilarious,' Amanda Seyfried Swears 'The Wolverine' Trailer: Five Questions It Answered 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Takes Box-Office Crown With $84 Million
- Ranking the Blockbusters with Summer Movie Scorecard 2013 RT on DVD & Blu-Ray: The Last Stand and Side Effects Box Office Guru Wrapup: Star Trek Softer Than Expected at #1
- 'The Lone Ranger' Trailer: The Rise of an American Legend 'Star Trek Into Darkness': How J.J. Abrams Kept the Identity of Benedict Cumberbatch's Villain a Secret Zach Galifianakis's 'Hangover III' Date: A Formerly Homeless Pal
- Daft Punk, 'Random Access Memories' – Album Review Adam Levine Inviting Shakira Over for Sweaty Bikram Yoga Sessions, Sparks Rumors Chris Brown, Demi Lovato + More React to Oklahoma Tornado Tragedy
- What to Watch Tonight: SYTYCD, Awkward., and the Finales of Grimm, The Game, and DWTS The Big C Series Finale Review: And They Lived Happily Ever After Warehouse 13 "The Sky's the Limit" Review: Up Up and Away
- Microsoft Announces Foza Motorsport 5 as an Xbox One Launch Title '24: Live Another Day': Will Mary Lynn Rajskub's Chloe Return? Xbox One's Xbox Live Services Will Get a Boost
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Six: Michael Douglas plays Liberace in Steven Soderbergh’s swan song, Behind The Candelabra Comics Panel: New releases include an alternative detective story and a new collection examining the collective urban subconscious Permanent Records: The Breeders’ Last Splash is a rallying cry for the weirdos and stereotype-flouters
- The Telefile - TV on DVD: Tuesday, May 21, 2013 The Telefile - Veep: The Episode's Best Insults The Telefile - Saturday Night Live: Straight Outta 8H
J.T. on a 'mission to be continually inspired'Tuesday, May 21, 2013
T Bone Burnett spills the beans...a bit earlyMonday, May 20, 2013
Is it possible to make these kids sympathetic?Monday, May 20, 2013
Where was Peeta?Sunday, May 19, 2013