Exclusive: 'Dark Knight Rises' Juno Temple lowers her shades in new 'Dirty Girl' poster
'Dark Knight Rises' star making noise in 2011
Once again, a new decade has brought a wave of impressive new acting talent to moviegoers and the media's attention. Chris Hemsworth already has "Thor" under his belt with the increasingly hyped "Cabin in the Woods" already in the can. Taylor Kitsch will make it or break it with next year's double take of "John Carter" and "Battleship." Mia Wasikowska was relatively unknown before the success of "Alice in Wonderland," "The Kids Are All Right" and "Jane Eyre" and now she's recognized all over the world. Rooney Mara used roles in last year's "A Nightmare On Elm Street" and "The Social Network" to help her land "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo." And before 2012 is done, Juno Temple will have gone from that little, mean girl in "Atonement" to an adult actress to seriously watch out for.
The 21-year-old Brit first gained mainstream attention for "Atonement," but it's the more mature roles she's played in "Greenberg," Gregg Araki's "Kaboom" (where she pretty much stole the show) and the Sundance Film Festival selection "Little Birds" has seen her stature rocket inside the industry. Not only does she have a significant role in "The Three Musketeers" this October, but she's currently part of Christopher Nolan's ensemble for "The Dark Knight Rises." And while fans count the days until that must-see debuts next summer, one of her more outrageous roles is finally hitting the big screen this year, "Dirty Girl."
Set in the '80s, Abe Sylvia's "Dirty Girl" finds Temple playing Danielle, a rebellious, smoking, sexually active high schooler who befriends Clarke (newcomer Jeremy Dozier), a gay classmate who dreams of escaping the confines of their small town life and lacks her confident swagger. Danielle's home life is miserable (at least in her eyes). She can't deal with her mother (Milla Jovovich) or her mother's intended husband to be (William H. Macy), so the pair take drastic action and hit the road running away for greener pastures (or so they think). The comedy debuted at the 2011 Toronto Film Festival and looks like it will be released sometime this summer.
The Weinstein Company has provided HitFix with an exclusive new poster for "Dirty Girl" which you can find embedded in this post. It shares similarly imagery to the original poster to Stanley Kubrick's "Lolita" and Cameron Crowe's "Almost Famous" key art, but we love how it spotlights Ms. Temple's eyes. Sure, Danielle is a dirty girl, but there is more to her than just youthful overconfidence.
What do you think of the poster? Share your thoughts below.
News From Our Partners
- FTW vs. WTF: The TV Week in Review (May 19) Doctor Who "The Name of the Doctor" Review: The Impossible Girl Made Possible What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy
- 'Doctor Who' Season 8 Confirmed, Steven Moffat to Return The Wrap Up: Behind-the-Scenes Image from 'Godzilla' Shows a Train in Peril Batman: Arkham Origins Will See the Return of Kevin Conroy
- Box Office Guru Wrapup: Star Trek Softer Than Expected at #1 Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Four: The Coen brothers return to the festival with a folk-rock flashback Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Three: Cheers for the young stars of The Selfish Giant, jeers for the new films by Hirokazu Kore-eda and Arnaud Desplechin Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures
- 'Anchorman 2' Trailer Had Us At 'Hello': Watch Now! Fiery 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Scene Hurt The Most: Ouch! How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office?
- Carly Rae Jepsen's 'Call Me Maybe' Captures Top Digital Song Honor at 2013 Billboard Music Awards Macklemore + Ryan Lewis Win Best Rap Song for 'Thrift Shop' at 2013 Billboard Music Awards 2013 Billboard Music Awards Gets a Tour From Taylor Swift's '22′ Performance [Video]
- Box Office: 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Misses $100M Domestic Mark on Opening Weekend Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO)
- A Final 'Office' Farewell Stefon Marries Anderson Cooper In Final Show Creed Bratton: Closing Creed Thoughts
Where was Peeta?Sunday, May 19, 2013
Love and radiation in a nuclear worldSaturday, May 18, 2013
Harvey holds court with Nicole Kidman and Rooney MaraFriday, May 17, 2013
Francois Ozon's latest isn't as titillating as it wants to beThursday, May 16, 2013