'Black Swan,' 'Inception' and 'The King's Speech' dominate 2011 Art Directors Guild Awards
'Mad Men' and 'Modern Family' top TV categories
Two of the Oscar nominees for art direction took home category prizes at tonight's 15th Annual Art Director's Guild Awards and one production designer left out received some validation for her efforts.
"The King's Speech's" Eve Stewart won the Period Film honor, "Inception'" Guy Hendrix Dyas won the Fantasy Film honor and Therese Deprez won the Contemporary Film award during this evening's festivities. On the television side, "Mad Men," "Modern Family," "Saturday Night Live" and the 82nd Academy Awards show were all major winners.
In what appears to be turning into a very competitive race, "Speech" and "Inception" will face off against "Alice in Wonderland," "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Pt. 1" and "True Grit" on Oscar night. All members of the Academy get to vote for the Art Direction category and their history of going for a fantasy or genre film five out of the last seven years seems to give "Inception" or "Alice in Wonderland" a leg up on the competition. Last year, "Avatar" won the award.
- Check out everything there is including photos, reviews, videos.
"The King's Speech"
Production Designer: Eve Stewart
Production Designer: Guy Hendrix Dyas
Production Designer:Therese DePrez
Single Camera Television Series
Episode: Public Relations
Production Designer: Dan Bishop
Television Movie or Mini-Series
"Secrets in the Wall"
Production Designer: Robb Wilson King
Episode of a Half Hour Single-Camera Television Series
Production Designer: Richard Berg
Episode of a Multi-Camera, Variety, or Unscripted Series
"Saturday Night Live"
Episode: Betty White/Jay Z
N. Joseph DeTullio
Awards, Music, or Game Shows
"82nd Academy Awards"
Production Designer: David Rockwell
Commercial: Ice Fishing
Production Designer: Jesse B. Benson
News From Our Partners
- 'Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon II': The Oscar-Winning Movie is Getting a Sequel 'The Bling Ring' Cannes Premiere: Emma Watson Steals the Show (PHOTOS) Why Brad Bird Turned Down 'Star Wars: Episode VII'; Talks 'Incredibles' Sequel
- 'Pacific Rim' Trailer Surfaces: Watch Now! 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Reviews Are In! Emma Watson In 'The Bling Ring': The Early Reviews Are In!
- Ilana Rapp: Actor Richard Harmon From Bates Motel and Continuum Talks about SpongeBob Squarepants and Yoga 'The Last Classic TV Comedy'? 'Biggest Loser' Host: 'I've Never Seen Jillian Eat A Cupcake'
- The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When The Telefile - TNT & TBS Upfront 2013: Reaping What Other Networks Sowed
- Listen to Selena Gomez's 'Come & Get It' Remixes Katy Perry vs. Rita Ora vs. Beyonce vs. Kesha vs. Demi Lovato – Who Wore It Best? Chris Brown Launches New 'Channel' Website, Gets More Personal Than Ever
- 'Zombieland' TV Series: Amazon Passes on the Pilot 'How I Met Your Mother' Final Season Spoilers: Producers Explain Time-Turning Format Change 'The Hangover Part 3′ Red-Band NSFW Trailer: It's Time to End the Trilogy
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day One: Sofia Coppola offers the first misfire of the festival Hear This: A song with a long title succinctly encapsulates ’90s power-pop Watch This: Laura Palmer lives—however briefly—in Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me
- Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition Video Interviews with Katie Aselton & Lake Bell of Black Rock
Francois Ozon's latest isn't as titillating as it wants to beThursday, May 16, 2013
Look who finally made it to the CroisetteWednesday, May 15, 2013
The Weinstein Company steers the drama away from Oscar seasonSaturday, May 11, 2013
Where's Mimi?Wednesday, May 8, 2013