Your Academy Awards nominee class of 2013
The gang's almost all here
A plethora of famous faces attended the Academy's annual Oscar luncheon this afternoon in Beverly Hills and that means yet another annual "class of" nominees photograph. This year's group shot finds Best Actress nominee Quvenzhané Wallis in the center of the image right in front of the Oscar statue (and also right next to best actor nominee Bradley Cooper). Can you find your favorite nominee in the crowd and, more importantly, who's missing?
Stats from Tapley:
Many of the 193 nominees (not all pictured, of course) are up for their first Academy Award, of course, but the entire crop combines for 558 Oscar total nominations, 82 competitive wins, one Thalberg Award and one Technical Achievement Award. The nominee with the most nominations to date is John Williams. He has amassed 48 nods over his storied career and five Oscars (putting him second place to Gary Rydsrom for wins -- see below on that). The last Oscar he won was the Best Original Score award for "Schindler's List" in 1993.
- Check out everything there is including photos, reviews, videos.
A distant second to Williams on the nomination front are two other frequent Steven Spielberg collaborators, sound mixer Andy Nelson (receiving his 17th and 18th nominations this year for "Les Misérables" and "Lincoln") and fellow mixer/sometime sound editor/sometime animated short director Gary Rydstrom (receiving his 17th for "Lincoln"). But while Nelson has only netted one Oscar to date, Rydstrom has picked up four, putting him in second place among previous winners nominated this year. Rydstrom, however, has the record for most Oscar wins of this year's class with seven.
Mixer Scott Millan (receiving his ninth nomination for "Skyfall") and visual effects supervisor Joe Letteri (picking up his eighth for "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey") each have four wins. It's Letteri, by the way, who netted the aforementioned Technical Achievement Award and ties Williams with five Oscars if you want to count that, though I don't since it's not a "competitive" award.
Then there's costume designer Colleen Atwood ("Snow White and the Huntsman"), cinematographer Robert Richardson ("Django Unchained") and film editor Michael Kahn ("Lincoln") with three wins apiece.
And as we all know, sound mixer Greg P. Russell ("Skyfall") is the record-holder among this crowd of nominees without a win. He's at 16.
For more photos from the luncheon check out the photo gallery below.
News From Our Partners
- What to Watch Tonight: SYTYCD, Awkward., and the Finales of Grimm, The Game, and DWTS 7 Lessons We Learned from the 2012-2013 TV Season The Big C Series Finale Review: And They Lived Happily Ever After
- GIFS: 10 TV Housekeepers That Ran The Show Megan Smolenyak: Celebrity Roots Series "Who Do You Think You Are?" Returns This Is Going To Be AMAZING
- Xbox One Will Require Daily Internet Connection 'Hannibal' "Trou Normand" Preview: Is Will Losing His Mind? Quantum Break Trailer: Remedy Returns With Xbox One Exclusive
- In Pictures: The Cars of Fast & Furious Digital Multiplex: Warm Bodies and Aftershock Discover the Best-Reviewed Films in Summer Movie Scorecard 2013
- Hear This: An early Walkmen song gets anti-nostalgic Watch This: Thunder Road is one of the first, and finest, automotive action movies off the Hollywood lot Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Six: Michael Douglas plays Liberace in Steven Soderbergh’s swan song, Behind The Candelabra
- T-ara Member Hyomin Shows Off Her Sexy Side in Korean InStyle [Pics] Listen to David Guetta's Remix of Empire of the Sun's 'Alive Demi Lovato to Have Her Tonsils Removed
- Is 'Jurassic Park 4' a Reboot? Yes, According to Sam Neill 'Return of the Jedi': 25 Things You Didn't Know About the Original 'Star Wars' Trilogy Finale Melissa McCarthy Fires a 'Tammy' Extra for Mistreating Her Child
- Seth MacFarlane's Next Film: 'Every Line Is Hilarious,' Amanda Seyfried Swears 'The Wolverine' Trailer: Five Questions It Answered 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Takes Box-Office Crown With $84 Million
J.T. on a 'mission to be continually inspired'Tuesday, May 21, 2013
T Bone Burnett spills the beans...a bit earlyMonday, May 20, 2013
Is it possible to make these kids sympathetic?Monday, May 20, 2013
Where was Peeta?Sunday, May 19, 2013