Tina Fey and Amy Poehler riff on the 'sloppy loud party' that is the Golden Globes
'The beautiful people of film rub shoulders with the disgusting people of television'
The off screen BFFs and former "Saturday Night Live" colleagues appear in a new video released by NBC in which they admit they love "sloppy, loud parties" like the Globes and wonder if "Avatar" is the big movie this year everyone will be talking about. It ain't perfect, but it they are improving on the fly and at the worst (and we mean worst) Fey is going to have enough self-deprecating wisecracks to make everyone forget Ricky Gervais. And at best? Well, needless to say the duo are making the Globes must-see TV. Who thought that was every possible?
Of course, look for complete coverage of the 70th Golden Globe Awards on HitFix Sunday, Jan. 13 beginning at 8 PM ET, 5 PM PT. HitFix's Dan Fienberg will be doing his always entertaining and informative live blogging, Alan Sepinwall will be trying not to laugh if "Newsroom" wins best TV series - drama and Tapley, Lodge and I will wonder if these wins mean any more or any less than the Critics Choice Awards.
You can get a hint of what Fey and Poehler expect to bring to the Beverly Hilton in the video embedded at the top of this post. Oh, and here's their latest NBC promo below.
Admit, you're excited for the Globes aren't you?
News From Our Partners
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Takes Box-Office Crown With $84 Million 'Arrested Development' Gang: Where Are They Now? 'Star Trek Into Darkness': What's Next For J.J. Abrams And The Cast?
- 'The Voice' Live Round Recap: The Top 10 Perform Beyonce Is a 'Grown Woman' in Leaked Track Ultra Music Festival Dates Announced, Tickets Go on Sale May 21
- What to Watch Tonight: SYTYCD, Awkward., and the Finales of Grimm, The Game, and DWTS What to Watch Tonight: The Season Finales of Rectify and Hawaii Five-0 and the Series Premieres of The Goodwin Games and Motive Mad Men "The Crash" Review: Uppers Give You Wings!
- Heather Wagner: 'Hot In Orange County' John Barrowman's Surprising New Role WATCH: How A Frog Transformed Kerry Washington's Thinking
- 'Bates Motel' Season 2: Will Norman Go Full 'Psycho?' FX's 'The Strain' Taps 'Alias' Star Mia Maestro as Female Lead FX's 'Tyrant': Ang Lee Drops out of Directing the Pilot, Cites 'Life of Pi' Exhaustion
- The Telefile - Veep: The Episode's Best Insults The Telefile - Saturday Night Live: Straight Outta 8H The Telefile - Game of Thrones: Our Weekly Westeros Scorecard
- Crosstalk: How does Chris Brown get away with it? For Our Consideration: What do we mean when we call music pretentious? Interview: Michael Cera on the evolution of George Michael Bluth and working in Arrested Development’s writers’ room
- Ranking the Blockbusters with Summer Movie Scorecard 2013 RT on DVD & Blu-Ray: The Last Stand and Side Effects Box Office Guru Wrapup: Star Trek Softer Than Expected at #1
J.T. on a 'mission to be continually inspired'Tuesday, May 21, 2013
T Bone Burnett spills the beans...a bit earlyMonday, May 20, 2013
Is it possible to make these kids sympathetic?Monday, May 20, 2013
Where was Peeta?Sunday, May 19, 2013