Coen Brothers' music drama 'Inside Llewyn Davis' picked up by CBS
Oscar Isaac, Carey Mulligan and Justin Timberlake star
The Coen brothers' upcoming music drama "Inside Llewyn Davis," starring Oscar Isaac, Carey Mulligan and Justin Timberlake, will be hitting screens later this year, as CBS Films has close a deal to acquire the North American rights distribution rights.
"Davis" centers on the 1960s NYC folk music scene, where an aspiring singer-songwriter ("Drive's" Isaac) attempts to launch a Dylanesque career. It also stars Isaac's "Drive" co-star Carey Mulligan and Justin Timberlake.
T Bone Burnett -- who worked on the brothers' "O Brother Where Art Thou?" -- is the film’s executive music producer, while Timberlake also contributed to the soundtrack.
Interestingly, the film skipped the traditional film festival route and instead was screened for Hollywood insiders last week. A bidding war inevitable erupted, with CBS coming out on top, picking up "Davis" for a reported sum close to $4 million, according to Deadline.
No release date as yet been set for "Inside Llewyn Davis," but it's assumed that CBS will roll out the film toward the end of the year to capitalize on potential awards buzz. Supporting players include Coen regular John Goodman, Garret Hedlund and Oscar winner F. Murray Abraham.
"Davis" is the Coens' first film since 2010's Oscar-nominated hit "True Grit."
News From Our Partners
- The Telefile - Save Me: Lightning Strikes NBC The Telefile - Modern Family: Goodnight, Gracie. Hello, Series Highlight. The Telefile - Critics' Choice Television Awards 2013: Nominees Announced
- Is There Hope For Jaime & Brienne Shippers? PHOTOS: Inside Lucille Austero's New Apartment WATCH: Full-Length Trailers For 'The Millers,' 'Hostages' And 'Mom'
- Less Jaywalking, More Web-friendly Clips: Dos and Don'ts for Seth Meyers' Late Night Career What to Watch Tonight: The Season Premiere of Rookie Blue and the Series Premieres of Save Me, Showville, and Does Someone Have to Go? Nashville Season Finale Review: Funerals, Proposals, Car Accidents, Oh My?
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Season 6 Adds 'The Shield's CCH Pounder As… David Boreanaz, Minka Kelly, Tom Felton and More Go 'Full Circle' for DirecTV Syfy's 'Helix': David Slade Directing 'Battlestar Galactica' Creator Ron Moore's New Series
- The Saturdays Are Sexy Housewives Seeking a 'Gentleman' in New Video Enter for a Chance to See Emblem3 Live on 'Good Morning America!' Bruno Mars Rumored for 'American Idol' Judge Spot
- Quicksilver in 'X-Men: Days of Future Past': Evan Peters Cast as Magneto's Son 'Poltergeist' Reboot May Actually Be a Sequel Brad Pitt Shocks Fans at 'World War Z' Screening (VIDEO)
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Eight: Blue Is The Warmest Color captures a relationship’s rawness and beauty Hear This: Pantera’s “Walk” is the cry of aggrieved, disaffected youth Watch This: Vanishing Point caters to car nuts and existentialists alike
- Critics Consensus: Fast & Furious 6 is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Photos with Vin Diesel, Michelle Rodriguez, Gina Carano and More Video: The Hangover Part III Cast Interviews
Working on already infamous 'Gun' is 'so much fun'Wednesday, May 22, 2013
But will you care at the end?Wednesday, May 22, 2013
J.T. on a 'mission to be continually inspired'Tuesday, May 21, 2013
T Bone Burnett spills the beans...a bit earlyMonday, May 20, 2013