'The Avengers' cast members to present at the Oscars
Chris Hemsworth and Scarlett Johansson won't be making the trip
Five of the film's stars -- Robert Downey Jr. (Iron Man), Samuel L. Jackson (Nicky Fury), Mark Ruffalo (Hulk), Jeremy Renner (Hawkeye) and Chris Evans (Captain America) --will fly to the stage in order to present one of the evening's awards.
Chris Hemsworth (Thor) and Scarlett Johansson (Black Widow) will be conspicuously absent from the proceedings.
“We are happy to re-unite the ‘Avengers’ cast to present on our show,” said show producers Craig Zadan and Neil Meron in a statement. “Audiences who enjoyed the year’s biggest box office hit will be excited to see these terrific actors back together again."
The Joss Whedon-directed "The Avengers" is nominated for best visual effects this year. With the exception of Evans, all of the "Avengers" presenters have been nominated in acting categories in the past.
"Family Guy" and "Ted" mastermind Seth MacFarlane will be hosting the ceremony.
The "Avengers" gang will be seen back together on the big screen in Marvel's planned "The Avengers 2," which opens summer of 2015. In the meantime, various members will appear in Marvel's upcoming films "Iron Man 3," "Thor: The Dark World" and "Captain America: The Winter Soldier."
The Academy Awards air live on Sunday, February 24 on ABC at 7 p.m. ET.
News From Our Partners
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- The Wrap Up: Remember 'The Office' With the Ultimate Blooper Reel The Sims 3: Island Paradise's Producer Walkthrough Shows Us the Finer Points of Tropical Life 'Man of Steel' Featurette: Reinventing Superman
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Three: Cheers for the young stars of The Selfish Giant, jeers for the new films by Hirokazu Kore-eda and Arnaud Desplechin Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures
- Fiery 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Scene Hurt The Most: Ouch! How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office? 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Secret Behind The Mystery Villain
- Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition
- Kendall Schmidt of Big Time Rush Loses $7,000 Worth of Gifts for Fans [Video] Kanye West to Drop New Album 'Yeezus' on June 18 Justin Bieber + Selena Gomez Will Sit Together at 2013 Billboard Music Awards
- The 'Doctors' Unite 'We Are Men' In 4 Words MTV Legend Recalls Heavy Metal Frontman's Anti-Gay T-Shirt Controversy
- What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy The Office Series Finale Review: That'll Do, Show. That'll Do. Syfy Renews Warehouse 13 for a Fifth and Final Season
Love and radiation in a nuclear worldSaturday, May 18, 2013
Harvey holds court with Nicole Kidman and Rooney MaraFriday, May 17, 2013
Francois Ozon's latest isn't as titillating as it wants to beThursday, May 16, 2013
Look who finally made it to the CroisetteWednesday, May 15, 2013