'The Avengers' cast members to present at the Oscars
Chris Hemsworth and Scarlett Johansson won't be making the trip
Five of the film's stars -- Robert Downey Jr. (Iron Man), Samuel L. Jackson (Nicky Fury), Mark Ruffalo (Hulk), Jeremy Renner (Hawkeye) and Chris Evans (Captain America) --will fly to the stage in order to present one of the evening's awards.
Chris Hemsworth (Thor) and Scarlett Johansson (Black Widow) will be conspicuously absent from the proceedings.
“We are happy to re-unite the ‘Avengers’ cast to present on our show,” said show producers Craig Zadan and Neil Meron in a statement. “Audiences who enjoyed the year’s biggest box office hit will be excited to see these terrific actors back together again."
The Joss Whedon-directed "The Avengers" is nominated for best visual effects this year. With the exception of Evans, all of the "Avengers" presenters have been nominated in acting categories in the past.
"Family Guy" and "Ted" mastermind Seth MacFarlane will be hosting the ceremony.
The "Avengers" gang will be seen back together on the big screen in Marvel's planned "The Avengers 2," which opens summer of 2015. In the meantime, various members will appear in Marvel's upcoming films "Iron Man 3," "Thor: The Dark World" and "Captain America: The Winter Soldier."
The Academy Awards air live on Sunday, February 24 on ABC at 7 p.m. ET.
News From Our Partners
- Critics Consensus: Fast & Furious 6 is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Photos with Vin Diesel, Michelle Rodriguez, Gina Carano and More Video: The Hangover Part III Cast Interviews
- fun. Hit the Jersey Shore for 2013 'TODAY Show' Summer Concert Series Jennifer Hudson Reportedly Confirmed as 'American Idol' Judge Meet the Woman Who Won PopCrush's Autographed Pink Guitar!
- EA Teases Possible Star Wars: Battlefront Return Tom Cruise Leaves 'Man From U.N.C.L.E.' to Focus on 'Mission: Impossible 5′ Black Ops 2 Revolution DLC Free This Weekend
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Does Someone Have to Go?: Work Sucks.... If You Are On This Show The Telefile - Save Me: Lightning Strikes NBC
- 'Fast & Furious 6': The Reviews Are In! 'Return Of The Jedi' Turns 30: Secrets Of Ewok Language Revealed! 'Fast & Furious 6' Expected To Lap 'Hangover III' At Box Office
- What to Watch This Weekend: Orphan Black, Behind the Candelabra, and Arrested Development's Netflix Debut Arrested Development Q&A: Alia Shawkat on Maeby, the Return of the Show, and the Canonization of Mitch Hurwitz What to Watch Tonight: The Season Premiere of Rookie Blue and the Series Premieres of Save Me, Showville, and Does Someone Have to Go?
- Hear This: “Second Best” reflects a pivotal moment all serious bands face Watch This: The wages and the fear remain high in William Friedkin’s Sorcerer Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Nine: James Gray and Joaquin Phoenix reteam for a compelling period drama
- Why He Fell Asleep During That Interview Alex Trebek Has Gone Completely Insane Arrested Development Could Really Teach Politicians A Thing Or Two
Working on already infamous 'Gun' is 'so much fun'Wednesday, May 22, 2013
But will you care at the end?Wednesday, May 22, 2013
J.T. on a 'mission to be continually inspired'Tuesday, May 21, 2013
T Bone Burnett spills the beans...a bit earlyMonday, May 20, 2013