Rebel Wilson is the host of the 2013 MTV Movie Awards
Teaser announcements airs during 'Jersey Shore' finale
It's almost Christmas, so it's obviously time to reveal the host for the 2013 MTV Movie Awards, right? Well, maybe not, but with "Jersey Shore" airing its final episode Thursday night MTV decided to use the larger than usual audience to promote next April's annual pseudo-awards event. The bigger surprise was that the network made the inspired choice to tap Aussie Rebel Wilson as next year's host.
Wilson is best known for her roles in "Bridesmaids" and this fall's word of mouth hit "Pitch Perfect." Her next role is in Michael Bay's "Pain & Gain." The 26-year-old West Hollywood resident follows last year's forgettable show hosted by Russell Brand. Wilson is actually the first female host since Sarah Silverman in 2007. Since then, Brand, Mike Myers, Andy Samberg, Aziz Ansari and Jason Sudeikis have hosted.
To announce their new host, MTV debuted a short movie trailer featuring Wilson's roommate and "Bridesmaids" co-star Matt Lucas. Whether it's actually funny or not may depend on your taste in comedy. Honestly, we're a tad disappointed. You can watch the short preview embedded at the bottom of this post.
The 2013 MTV Movie Awards will be held on April 14, 2013 and broadcast on MTV.
Get More: MTV Movie Awards
News From Our Partners
- fun. Hit the Jersey Shore for 2013 'TODAY Show' Summer Concert Series Jennifer Hudson Reportedly Confirmed as 'American Idol' Judge Meet the Woman Who Won PopCrush's Autographed Pink Guitar!
- EA Teases Possible Star Wars: Battlefront Return Tom Cruise Leaves 'Man From U.N.C.L.E.' to Focus on 'Mission: Impossible 5′ Black Ops 2 Revolution DLC Free This Weekend
- "Fast & Furious 6" vs. "The Hangover: Part III": Which Movie Should You See? (VIDEO) 'Fast and Furious 6' Review: 10 Things You Should Know About the Action-Packed Sequel 'After Earth' Unscripted: Will and Jaden Smith on Filming With Deadly Snakes & On-Set Parenting (VIDEO)
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Does Someone Have to Go?: Work Sucks.... If You Are On This Show The Telefile - Save Me: Lightning Strikes NBC
- Why He Fell Asleep During That Interview Alex Trebek Has Gone Completely Insane Arrested Development Could Really Teach Politicians A Thing Or Two
- 'Fast & Furious 6': The Reviews Are In! 'Return Of The Jedi' Turns 30: Secrets Of Ewok Language Revealed! 'Fast & Furious 6' Expected To Lap 'Hangover III' At Box Office
- What to Watch This Weekend: Orphan Black, Behind the Candelabra, and Arrested Development's Netflix Debut Arrested Development Q&A: Alia Shawkat on Maeby, the Return of the Show, and the Canonization of Mitch Hurwitz What to Watch Tonight: The Season Premiere of Rookie Blue and the Series Premieres of Save Me, Showville, and Does Someone Have to Go?
- Hear This: “Second Best” reflects a pivotal moment all serious bands face Watch This: The wages and the fear remain high in William Friedkin’s Sorcerer Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Nine: James Gray and Joaquin Phoenix reteam for a compelling period drama
Working on already infamous 'Gun' is 'so much fun'Wednesday, May 22, 2013
But will you care at the end?Wednesday, May 22, 2013
J.T. on a 'mission to be continually inspired'Tuesday, May 21, 2013
T Bone Burnett spills the beans...a bit earlyMonday, May 20, 2013