Best and Worst of the 2013 SAG Awards: Bryan Cranston, 'Argo,''Downton Abbey'
Is it time for SAG to shake-up the show?
Remember how everyone used to complain about the Golden Globes? "It's not legit." "It doesn't mean anything for Oscar." "Unless someone gets drunk it's a bore." Well, the first two complaints still hold a lot of merit, but the latter? No way. Ricky Gervais and the combo of Tina Fey and Amy Poehler hosting the past four telecasts have made the Globes arguably more entertaining than Oscar. That brings us to Sunday night's 19th Annual SAG Awards.
Remember how the SAG awards were deemed the legitimate acting honors? Actors voting for actors? An award that meant more because it came from your peers? A few years of embarrassing Betty White overload and blander TV nominees than the Emmys and the SAG Awards are stuck in a rut. Oh, and we haven't even gotten to the formulaic telecasts. Did TNT, the show's producers and SAG turn things around Sunday night? No, no they didn't. But, there were some diamonds in the rough during the two-hour ordeal.
With that in mind, here are the best and worst of the 2013 SAG Awards.
Agree? Disagree? Share your thoughts below.
News From Our Partners
- 'Hangover III': The Reviews Are In! Jennifer Aniston Breaks Bad, Strips Down In 'We're The Millers' Trailer 'Star Wars' Fans Still Love To Hate Ewoks 30 Years Later
- The Telefile - Save Me: Lightning Strikes NBC The Telefile - Modern Family: Goodnight, Gracie. Hello, Series Highlight. The Telefile - Critics' Choice Television Awards 2013: Nominees Announced
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Season 6 Adds 'The Shield's CCH Pounder As… David Boreanaz, Minka Kelly, Tom Felton and More Go 'Full Circle' for DirecTV Syfy's 'Helix': David Slade Directing 'Battlestar Galactica' Creator Ron Moore's New Series
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Eight: Blue Is The Warmest Color captures a relationship’s rawness and beauty Hear This: Pantera’s “Walk” is the cry of aggrieved, disaffected youth Watch This: Vanishing Point caters to car nuts and existentialists alike
- Critics Consensus: Fast & Furious 6 is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Photos with Vin Diesel, Michelle Rodriguez, Gina Carano and More Video: The Hangover Part III Cast Interviews
- Less Jaywalking, More Web-friendly Clips: Dos and Don'ts for Seth Meyers' Late Night Career What to Watch Tonight: The Season Premiere of Rookie Blue and the Series Premieres of Save Me, Showville, and Does Someone Have to Go? Nashville Season Finale Review: Funerals, Proposals, Car Accidents, Oh My?
- The Saturdays Are Sexy Housewives Seeking a 'Gentleman' in New Video Enter for a Chance to See Emblem3 Live on 'Good Morning America!' Bruno Mars Rumored for 'American Idol' Judge Spot
- Is There Hope For Jaime & Brienne Shippers? PHOTOS: Inside Lucille Austero's New Apartment WATCH: Full-Length Trailers For 'The Millers,' 'Hostages' And 'Mom'
Working on already infamous 'Gun' is 'so much fun'Wednesday, May 22, 2013
But will you care at the end?Wednesday, May 22, 2013
J.T. on a 'mission to be continually inspired'Tuesday, May 21, 2013
T Bone Burnett spills the beans...a bit earlyMonday, May 20, 2013