2013 Sundance Film Festival awards winners - complete list
'Fruitvale' and 'Blood Brother' win the big prizes
With host Joseph Gordon-Levitt on hand, the 2013 Sundance Film Festival announced the jury and audience awards for this year's festival. "Fruitvale" won both the prestigious U.S. dramatic jury grand prize and U.S dramatic audience award. "Blood Brother" duplicated that feat in the U.S. documentary category. Other notable winners included "The Spectacular Now's" Miles Teller and Shailene Woodley winning a special jury prize for acting and honors for "Inequality for All," "Cutie and the Boxer," "Afternoon Delight" and "A River Changes Course."
A complete list of this year's winners below.
Robert Redford and company look back on 'Beasts' success as Sundance gets underway
Benh Zeitlin's Oscar nominee is an example of why the fest exists, Redford says
Review: 'Prince Avalanche' strands Paul Rudd and Emile Hirsch in the nowheres of Texas
David Gordon Green's latest may please fans of his earlier films
Review: Chan-wook Park makes a perverse American debut with 'Stoker'
Mia Wasikowska is positively mesmerizing in the lead role
Review: Lennon and Garant's 'Hell Baby' is gross, dumb, crass, and wildly funny
A very good cast is game for a dirty silly gem
The Best and Worst of the 2013 Sundance Film Festival
Nicole Kidman, 'Upstream Color' and 'Before Midnight' make the cut
Grand Jury Prize: Documentary - Steve Hoover, "Blood Brother"
Grand Jury Prize: Dramatic - Ryan Coogler, "Fruitvale"
World Cinema Grand Jury Prize: Documentary - Kalyanee Man, "A River Changes Course"
World Cinema Grand Jury Prize: Dramatic - Muel O, "Jiseul"
Audience Award: Documentary - Steve Hoover, "Blood Brother"
Audience Award: Dramatic - Ryan Coogler, "Fruitvale"
World Cinema Audience Award: Documentary - Jehane Noujaim, "The Square"
World Cinema Audience Award: Dramatic - Sean Ellis, "Metro Manila"
Best of NEXT Audience Award - Chad Hartigan, "This is Martin Bonner"
Directing Award: Documentary - Zachary Heinzerling, "Cutie and the Boxer"
Directing Award: Dramatic - Jill Soloway, "Afternoon Delight"
World Cinema Directing Award: Documentary - Tinatin Gurchiani, "The Machine Which Makes Everything Disappear"
World Cinema Directing Award: Dramatic - Sebastian Silva, "Crystal Fairy"
Waldo Salt Screenwriting Award - Lake Bell, "In A World..."
World Cinema Dramatic Screenwriting Award - Barmak Akram, "Wajma (An Afghan Love Story)"
Documentary Editing Award - Matthew Hamachek, "Gideon's Army"
World Cinema Documentary Editing Award - Ben Stark, "The Summit"
Excellence in Cinematography Award: Documentary - Richard Rowley, "Dirty Wars"
Excellence in Cinematography Award: Dramatic - Bradford Young, "Mother of George," "Ain't Them Bodies Saints"
World Cinema Cinematography Award: Documentary - Marc Silver, "Who is Dayani Cristal?"
World Cinema Cinematography Award: Dramatic - Michal Englert, "Lasting"
World Cinema Special Jury Award - Srdan Golubovic, "Circles"
World Cinema Documentary Special Jury Prize - Mike Lerner & Maxim Pozdorovkin. "Pussy Riot - A Punk Prayer"
Documentary Special Jury Prize - Jacob Kornbluth, "Inequality for All"
Documentary Special Jury Prize - Joe Brewster and Michele Stephensen, "American Promise"
Dramatic Special Jury Prize for Sound Design- Shane Carruth and Johnny Marshall, "Upstream Color"
Dramatic Special Jury Prize for Acting - Miles Teller and Shailene Woodley, "The Spectacular Now"
Shorts Audience Award - Jason Willis, "Catnip: Egress to Oblivion?"
Short Film Grand Jury Prize - Grzegorz Zariczny, "The Whistle"
Alfred P. Sloan Feature Film Prize - Andrew Bujalski, "Computer Chess"
Sundance Institute/NHK Award - Kyohta Fujimoto and Kentaro Hagiwara, "Spectacled Tiger"
News From Our Partners
- The Telefile - Critics' Choice Television Awards 2013: Nominees Announced The Telefile - TV on DVD: Tuesday, May 21, 2013 The Telefile - Veep: The Episode's Best Insults
- Hear This: You don’t have to know the words to have fun with this Stone Temple Pilots single Watch This: Ronin is a triumph of crime-flick economy Cannes Film Festival: Cannes, Day Seven: J.C. Chandor makes good, Nicolas Winding Refn goes bad, and Claire Denis gets ugly
- What to Watch Tonight: The Season Finales of SVU, The Middle, Modern Family, Chicago Fire, Nashville, and Criminal Minds The Critics Choice Awards Nominations Choose Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad The Weirdest, Grossest, Bestest Moments from Netflix's Hemlock Grove, in Pictures and GIFs
- 'Metallica Through the Never' Trailer: Angry Mobs and "Master of Puppets" 'Timecop' Being Remade, As All Movies Eventually Must 'We're The Millers' Red Band NSFW Trailer: Jennifer Aniston and Jason Sudeikis Smuggle Drugs
- Total Recall: Bradley Cooper's Best Movies Parental Guidance: Epic and Beautiful Creatures Comic Book Movies You Can Watch Online
- 'The World's End' Trailer: Pints, Pals, and Killer Robots! Francis Ford Coppola Directing New Italian-American Saga 'Don Jon' Trailer: Joseph-Gordon Levitt and Scarlett Johansson Go Jersey
- 'Man Of Steel': Is Zod Superman's Khan? New 'Man of Steel' Trailer: Watch Now! 'The Hangover': Retracing The Success Of A Few Crazy Nights
- Charlotte Robinson: Somer Bingham Talks LGBT Issues and Life After The Real L Word (AUDIO) PHOTOS: Has Ellen Had Enough Of LA? Jennifer Aniston On 'Friends' Reunion: 'We All Miss Working Together'
Working on already infamous 'Gun' is 'so much fun'Wednesday, May 22, 2013
But will you care at the end?Wednesday, May 22, 2013
J.T. on a 'mission to be continually inspired'Tuesday, May 21, 2013
T Bone Burnett spills the beans...a bit earlyMonday, May 20, 2013