Are you a fan of Awards Campaign?
Sign up to get the latest updates instantly.
We're halfway there. Well, we're halfway there as of Thursday morning.
Seth MacFarlane and Emma "already hunting for an Oscar" Stone will announce the nominations for the 85th Academy Awards at the crack of dawn. "Lincoln," "Zero Dark Thirty," "Les Miserables," "Life of Pi" and "Argo" should all be rewarded with a slew of nominations. The rest? Needless to say, there are some nervous potential nominees and consultants today. With that in mind, Kris Tapley, Guy Lodge and I have made our final (and we mean final) nominations predictions which you can compare in the gallery story below. Some intriguing observations:
- The only category that we all agreed on is original screenplay.
- Overall, Kris and I agreed five times.
- Overall, Kris and Guy agreed three times.
- Guy and I agreed only once (original screenplay).
- Kris and I believe there will be ten nominees for best picture.
- Guy believes there will be eight nominees.
- I'm somewhat biased that "Cloud Atlas" will receive more nominations than Kris or Guy.
- Guy is somewhat biased that "The Master will receive more nominations than Kris or I.
Look for complete coverage of the 2012 Oscar Nominations all day long on HitFix and In Contention.
Whose picks do you agree with most? Share your thoughts below.