Cary Elwes, Peter Serafinowicz tapped for Zemekis' 'Yellow Submarine' Beatles film remake
Compare pictures: Who is playing John Lennon and Paul McCartney in the digi 3D "Avatar"-like movie?
The casting for the Fab Four in Robert Zemekis' forthcoming remake of The Beatles' "Yellow Submarine" animated film has been announced, with Cary Elwes' name leading the pack.
Starring will be all Brits, with Elwes as George Harrison, Dean Lennox Kelly (TV shows "Collision," "Shameless") as John Lennon, Peter Serafinowicz ("Shaun of the Dead," "Couples Retreat") as Paul McCartney and Adam Campbell ("Epic Movie," "Date Movie") as Ringo Starr, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
As HitFix movie blogger Drew McWeeny noted in August, the Disney film will be shot in motion-capture 3D, like the Na'vi in "Avatar" and Zemekis' own "A Christmas Carol." The original, animated film was released in 1968, and followed the story of Old Fred, a soldier, and his adventures to Pepperland in a submarine.
No word yet how Zemekis' screenplay and vision will affect the new storyline, although the songs will stay the same: the 16 tracks used in the film will be the Beatles' orgininals, (expensively) licensed from Sony/ATV and EMI-Capitol Records.
Of course with the motion-capture renderings of the actors, their physical forms can be manipulated and enhanced. But check out the photos below: Do you think these actors are a good fit?
News From Our Partners
- 'Anchorman 2' Trailer Had Us At 'Hello': Watch Now! Fiery 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Scene Hurt The Most: Ouch! How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office?
- The Wrap Up: Remember 'The Office' With the Ultimate Blooper Reel The Sims 3: Island Paradise's Producer Walkthrough Shows Us the Finer Points of Tropical Life 'Man of Steel' Featurette: Reinventing Superman
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Three: Cheers for the young stars of The Selfish Giant, jeers for the new films by Hirokazu Kore-eda and Arnaud Desplechin Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures
- Kelly Rowland Close to Signing 'X Factor' Deal Kendall Schmidt of Big Time Rush Loses $7,000 Worth of Gifts for Fans [Video] Kanye West to Drop New Album 'Yeezus' on June 18
- Doctor Who "The Name of the Doctor" Review: The Impossible Girl Made Possible What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy The Office Series Finale Review: That'll Do, Show. That'll Do.
- The 'Doctors' Unite 'We Are Men' In 4 Words MTV Legend Recalls Heavy Metal Frontman's Anti-Gay T-Shirt Controversy
- Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO) Why 'Man of Steel' Didn't Use 'Superman' in the Title
- Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition