Your first 2011 Super Bowl TV spot: 'Kung Fu Panda 2'
Because the game isn't just played on the field
It's that time of year again. The one Sunday when Hollywood tries to put their brightest and most anticipated films in front of eager eyes watching…the Super Bowl. Sure, the game between the Packers and Steelers might actually be a good one this year, but with just as many Americans paying attention to the commercials (perhaps the only time a year most do), studios find the exorbitant prices FOX is charges for a :30 spot well worth the expense.
This year :30 or :60 previews are expected from "Transformers: Dark of the Moon," "Captain America: The First Avenger," "Cowboys and Aliens" and "Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides" among others. First to be released online, however is the return of the popular Po in DreamWorks Animations "Kung Fu Panda 2."
We can't tell too much about the storyline to the critically acclaimed 2008 blockbuster, but there are three things we do know.
1. It looks pretty.
2. There's a lot of action.
3. Kid's love Po.
As for anything more, there's always trailer #2. Check it out embedded in this post and decide if "Kung Fu Panda 2" "wok's you" or not.
Look for all the big Super Bowl movie TV spots and commercials on HitFix on Sunday as well as a live blog and grades of all the spots by HitFix's own Daniel Fienberg.
"Kung Fu Panda 2" opens nationwide and in IMAX on May 27, 2011.
News From Our Partners
- Fiery 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Scene Hurt The Most: Ouch! How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office? 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Secret Behind The Mystery Villain
- The Wrap Up: Remember 'The Office' With the Ultimate Blooper Reel The Sims 3: Island Paradise's Producer Walkthrough Shows Us the Finer Points of Tropical Life 'Man of Steel' Featurette: Reinventing Superman
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Three: Cheers for the young stars of The Selfish Giant, jeers for the new films by Hirokazu Kore-eda and Arnaud Desplechin Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures
- Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition
- The 'Doctors' Unite 'We Are Men' In 4 Words MTV Legend Recalls Heavy Metal Frontman's Anti-Gay T-Shirt Controversy
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO) Why 'Man of Steel' Didn't Use 'Superman' in the Title
- Kendall Schmidt of Big Time Rush Loses $7,000 Worth of Gifts for Fans [Video] Kanye West to Drop New Album 'Yeezus' on June 18 Justin Bieber + Selena Gomez Will Sit Together at 2013 Billboard Music Awards