Fox buys rights to TV series adaptation of author Lev Grossman's fantasy novel 'The Magicians'
Being written by 'X-Men: First Class' scribes Ashley Miller and Zack Stentz
Fox has bought the rights to produce a TV adaptation of author Lev Grossman's fantasy novel "The Magicians", with "X-Men: First Class" and "Thor" scribes Ashley Miller and Zack Stentz attached to pen the script. The adaptation has been given a script commitment and will take the form of a one-hour drama.
Miller and Stentz had been collaborating on the project with producers Michael London ("Milk"), Shawn Levy ("Real Steel") and Michael Adelstein prior to the sale, according to Deadline, which broke the story. The scribes have previously written for shows including "Fringe" and "Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles".
"The Magicians" was published in 2009 and subsequently became a New York Times bestseller. The novel follows a group of young adults studying magic in New York City who discover that a fantastical land known as Fillory is actually a real place. The book has been described by some sources as "'Harry Potter' for adults".
Grossman wrote a follow-up entitled "The Magician King", which was published just last month.
News From Our Partners
- Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO) Why 'Man of Steel' Didn't Use 'Superman' in the Title
- Pop Bytes: Michael Jackson's Nephew Negates Wade Robson's Molestation Claims + More Watch Macklemore, Kendrick Lamar, Ellie Goulding + More on Hangout Festival Livestream Dumb Celebrity Quotes – Who Said This?
- The Future Of Olivia And Fitz, And More Season 3 Scoop SPOILER ALERT: What's Ahead In 'Nikita' Season 4? Google Glass Does Porn
- What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy The Office Series Finale Review: That'll Do, Show. That'll Do. Syfy Renews Warehouse 13 for a Fifth and Final Season
- How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office? 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Secret Behind The Mystery Villain 'Pacific Rim' Trailer Surfaces: Watch Now!
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- 'Da Vinci's Demons' Review: "The Devil" 'Assassin's Creed' Movie Slated For Memorial Day 2015 Amazon Picks Up John Goodman's 'Alpha House,' Computer Comedy 'Betas'
- Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Two: Iranian director Asghar Farhadi chases A Separation with another stunning drama