'X-Men: First Class' gets a White Queen and Tommy Lee Jones confirmed for 'Captain America'
Alice Eve reunites with James McAvoy in potential mutant blockbuster
The cast for Matthew Vaughn's "X-Men: First Class" is rapidly coming into shape and its seemingly full of Europeans. James McAvoy and Matthew Fassbender are already on the books to play younger versions of Prof. Charles Xavier and now Brit Alice Eve will join the cast as Emma Frost, aka The White Queen according to Deadline.com.
Eve is actually 28-years-old so its curious how Frost is going to be played in the production. Is she equal in experience to Xavier's students as she is in the comic universe or is she a contemporary of the major mutant powers? Curious and curiouser. Eve is best known to moviegoers for her role as Molly in "She's Out of My League" and as Erin-go-bra-less in "Sex and the City 2." The new picture reunites Eve and McAvoy who starred together in the charming Brit comedy "Starter for 10."
After weeks of rumors, it was also reported today that Tommy Lee Jones has been confirmed to play Colonel Phillips in "Captain America: The First Avenger." It's assumed Jones will film the supporting role before heading back in time with Will Smith in "Men in Black III."
"X-Men: First Class" will be released by 20th Century Fox on June 3, 2011. "Captain America: The First Avenger" will be distributed by Paramount Pictures on July 22, 2011.
News From Our Partners
- What to Watch Tonight: SYTYCD, Awkward., and the Finales of Grimm, The Game, and DWTS 7 Lessons We Learned from the 2012-2013 TV Season The Big C Series Finale Review: And They Lived Happily Ever After
- Is 'Jurassic Park 4' a Reboot? Yes, According to Sam Neill 'Return of the Jedi': 25 Things You Didn't Know About the Original 'Star Wars' Trilogy Finale Melissa McCarthy Fires a 'Tammy' Extra for Mistreating Her Child
- In Pictures: The Cars of Fast & Furious Digital Multiplex: Warm Bodies and Aftershock Discover the Best-Reviewed Films in Summer Movie Scorecard 2013
- The Telefile - TV on DVD: Tuesday, May 21, 2013 The Telefile - Veep: The Episode's Best Insults The Telefile - Saturday Night Live: Straight Outta 8H
- Hear This: An early Walkmen song gets anti-nostalgic Watch This: Thunder Road is one of the first, and finest, automotive action movies off the Hollywood lot Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Six: Michael Douglas plays Liberace in Steven Soderbergh’s swan song, Behind The Candelabra
- GIFS: 10 TV Housekeepers That Ran The Show Megan Smolenyak: Celebrity Roots Series "Who Do You Think You Are?" Returns This Is Going To Be AMAZING
- T-ara Member Hyomin Shows Off Her Sexy Side in Korean InStyle [Pics] Listen to David Guetta's Remix of Empire of the Sun's 'Alive Demi Lovato to Have Her Tonsils Removed
- Seth MacFarlane's Next Film: 'Every Line Is Hilarious,' Amanda Seyfried Swears 'The Wolverine' Trailer: Five Questions It Answered 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Takes Box-Office Crown With $84 Million