Will Smith threatens to 'pimp slap' Andy Warhol in new 'MIB3' footage
Agent J also does battle with a T-Rex in CinemaCon sneak-peek
LAS VEGAS (AP) — Will Smith jumps off the Chrysler Building and lands in 1969 to save the world from an alien invasion in the upcoming "Men in Black 3."
The action comedy franchise that saw Smith and Tommy Lee Jones first team up in 1997 returns to movie theaters next month.
Footage from the time-travel bromance was shared Wednesday night with theater owners at the CinemaCon conference in Las Vegas. In the preview, Smith and Jones survive a fight with an oversized fish at a Chinatown restaurant ripe with alien patrons, only for Jones' character Agent K to suddenly disappear.
New 'Amazing Spider-Man' footage debuts at CinemaCon 2012
Gwen Stacy's father unmasks the web-slinger in one of several new clips
"I am getting too old for this," Smith tells Jones at one point. "I can't even imagine how you feel."
The franchise's first film saw Jones' straight-man veteran introduce Smith to the secretive government agency that fends off alien attacks and keeps immigrants from other planets hidden and in check.
In the latest installment, Smith has 24 hours to go back in time and save his partner and the world. Multiple spaceships hover menacingly in the sky.
In 1969, Josh Brolin portrays the younger Agent K. His co-workers include artist Andy Warhol, who tracks down aliens when he isn't hosting glamorous parties with hippies and models.
Smith continues his snappy lines, warning Warhol that he isn't above "pimp slapping" him.
Smith's journey through time also has him fending off a Tyrannosaurus rex.
Copyright (2012) Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Trending Now on HitFix Boards
|Topic||Started By||Latest Post||Replies|
9 days ago
28 days ago
|Discuss In Theaters and Coming Soon on HitFix Message Boards »|
News From Our Partners
- The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When The Telefile - TNT & TBS Upfront 2013: Reaping What Other Networks Sowed
- One Direction Announce Where We Are Stadium Tour for 2014 Miley Cyrus Wants Everyone to Know She's Still Engaged by Posting This New Pic Most Anticipated Album Release for June 2013 – Readers Poll
- Total Recall: Star Trek Movies Parental Guidance: Star Trek Into Darkness In Pictures: The Stars of Star Trek Into Darkness
- State of Decay, TMNT Release Dates Leaked by Gamestop Watch 'The Hangover 3′ Stars Zach Galifianakis and Ken Jeong Perform Stand-Up Together in 1998 'Pacific Rim' Trailer: When Man and Machine Become One
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day One: Sofia Coppola offers the first misfire of the festival Hear This: A song with a long title succinctly encapsulates ’90s power-pop Watch This: Laura Palmer lives—however briefly—in Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me
- What to Watch Tonight: The Office's Big Farewell and the Season Finales of TVD, Elementary, and Five More The CW's 2013-2014 Schedule: Supernatural Switches Nights Again, The Vampire Diaries Pairs With Reign Watch the Trailers for The CW's New Series, Including The 100, Star-Crossed, and Reign (VIDEO)
- Hulu.com: Is The Office the Definitive TV Show of the '00s? Craziest 'Simpsons' Couch Gag Yet? Denied By PBS?
- Weekend Movies: 'Star Trek Into Darkness,' 'Black Rock,' and More Bruce Willis Set for 'Expiration': Actor Will Play Hitman in Next Movie Emma Watson Says She is in No Rush 'To Be Seen as a Woman'