Will Ferrell is Armando Alvarez in 'Casa de Mi Padre' teaser poster
Comedian sports a nasty facial scar in new one-sheet
- Critic's Rating A
- Readers' Rating n/a
It's been awhile since Will Ferrell has let loose with his "unhinged funnyman" persona in a major role on the big screen (his last such effort was 2010's "The Other Guys"), but with the hilariously-titled-only-because-I-can-imagine-him-speaking-the-words "Casa de Mi Padre", it looks like he'll soon be back in deadpan action once again - in a Spanish-language comedy, no less.
Now a teaser poster has been released for the upcoming film (also starring Gael Garcia Bernal, Diego Luna and "Parks and Recreation"'s Nick Offerman) which features Ferrell as his character "Armando Alvarez" squinting against the Mexican sun in front of a yellow-orange background. So where did he get that prominent three-pronged facial scar on his right cheek? I'm sure it'll make for an interesting story.
Anyway, it's an eye-catching one-sheet that wisely puts all the focus on its main star (as a matter of fact, they don't even bother to advertise the full title). I wonder what people will think, however, when they find out they're going to have to read subtitles? Maybe distributor Pantelion can release a badly-dubbed version and allow audiences to decide which one they'd like to see?
My grade for the poster: "A". After checking it out below, rate it for yourself at top-left!
Synopsis: "Armando Alvarez (Will Ferrell) has lived and worked on his father's ranch in Mexico his entire life. As the ranch encounters financial difficulties, Armando's younger brother Raul (Diego Luna) shows up with his new fiancée, Sonia (Genesis Rodriguez). It seems that Raul's success as an international businessman means the ranch's troubles are over as he pledges to settle all debts his father has incurred. But when Armando falls for Sonia, and Raul's business dealings turn out to be less than legit, all hell breaks loose as they find themselves in a war with Mexico's most feared drug lord, the mighty Onza (Gael Garcia Bernal)."
"Casa de Mi Padre" is slated for release on March 16th.
News From Our Partners
- In Pictures: The Cars of Fast & Furious Digital Multiplex: Warm Bodies and Aftershock Discover the Best-Reviewed Films in Summer Movie Scorecard 2013
- What to Watch Tonight: SYTYCD, Awkward., and the Finales of Grimm, The Game, and DWTS 7 Lessons We Learned from the 2012-2013 TV Season The Big C Series Finale Review: And They Lived Happily Ever After
- T-ara Member Hyomin Shows Off Her Sexy Side in Korean InStyle [Pics] Listen to David Guetta's Remix of Empire of the Sun's 'Alive Demi Lovato to Have Her Tonsils Removed
- Xbox One Will Require Daily Internet Connection 'Hannibal' "Trou Normand" Preview: Is Will Losing His Mind? Quantum Break Trailer: Remedy Returns With Xbox One Exclusive
- Hear This: An early Walkmen song gets anti-nostalgic Watch This: Thunder Road is one of the first, and finest, automotive action movies off the Hollywood lot Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Six: Michael Douglas plays Liberace in Steven Soderbergh’s swan song, Behind The Candelabra
- Is 'Jurassic Park 4' a Reboot? Yes, According to Sam Neill 'Return of the Jedi': 25 Things You Didn't Know About the Original 'Star Wars' Trilogy Finale Melissa McCarthy Fires a 'Tammy' Extra for Mistreating Her Child
- The Telefile - TV on DVD: Tuesday, May 21, 2013 The Telefile - Veep: The Episode's Best Insults The Telefile - Saturday Night Live: Straight Outta 8H
- GIFS: 10 TV Housekeepers That Ran The Show Megan Smolenyak: Celebrity Roots Series "Who Do You Think You Are?" Returns This Is Going To Be AMAZING